whats this?

I just heard of this game at the d3 forums and I have a few hundred questions. Unfortunately time/space require I ask only a couple. So here goes. If game is f2p and doesnt require item mall purchases, then how is the game going to be supported? Is there going to be massive advertising in the game or are they hoping for the generousity of the gamers to contribute? Also from what im hearing this game is sort of a cross between d2 and d3 so how can they make a game similar to them on a indies budget? It took Blizz 10 years to come out with d3 for the life of me I dont see how they can make a clone in such a short window of time and without the resources of Blizzard. I truly hope that somehow they have done exactly that but I just dont see how its possible.
1. Through cosmetic purchases.
There is this thing called FAQ.

Also, Blizzard didn't spend 10 years creating Diablo 3. Blizzard is not a single entity, the team that created Diablo 1&2 has long since left. The final product you saw was poorly put together in a couple of years by people who had nothing to do with the previous games.
They have been working on this game for about six years. They are passionate. They loved D2. The game will be free to play but there will also be a cash shop. This is where they will make their money from (and generous donations). The cash shop will be completely optional since you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BUY: xp potions, unique items for in game, or anything that gives you an advantage over other players in game. What you WILL BE ABLE TO BUY: more stash tabs for your shared stash(currently there are 4), more character slots (forget current limit, 10?), comsmetic changes to gear and game effects, possibly pets that simply follow you around but look cool, and other cool things I am sure they have though through.

In its essence, this game is being developed by and idie company for players who enjoy the genre, to finally have a good game to play since the times of D2(Torchlight is also not bad). By the people, FOR the people.

This game is awesome. Graphics are cool, loot is actually good loot, skill system and socket system go hand by hand - pretty l33t, good acts, great commnuity, best end game ever designed in a video game, and much more.

You can choose to support GGG and buy a supporter package and you will receive a beta key-among other things- as a thank you. Or you could wait for Open Beta when they game will be free for good. Open Beta should hit by late October the latets. Maybe sooner!

Give it a go, what do you have to loose? $10! Ple-A-ese! I spend more on a Friday night when I am too lazy to cook. :)

P.S. It did not take Blizz 10 years to make D3. It took them 2 months as they rushed it out the door b/c they had not finished anything. Exagerating a bit but seriously goodle D3 development, a lot happened. They fired Blizz North(D1 and D2 creators), and had the nerve to lie to all their fans and rip them off.
IGN: ImmortalFang
"
Z0D wrote:
(forget current limit, 10?)

SwiftScylla :: Ranger
OldBullLee :: Templar
Castelmore :: Duelist
Vronsky :: Marauder
"
yanko86 wrote:
"
Z0D wrote:

Thanks! I was thinking 16 but could not rememeber. If you think about it though...24 is A LOT! I think they should limit free toons to like 8.
IGN: ImmortalFang
"
Z0D wrote:
"
yanko86 wrote:
"
Z0D wrote:

Thanks! I was thinking 16 but could not rememeber. If you think about it though...24 is A LOT! I think they should limit free toons to like 8.

By the time more leagues are avaliable, people would want to start a new character in those leagues. So 8 is too low imo.
"
Blaeqard wrote:
There is this thing called FAQ.

Also, Blizzard didn't spend 10 years creating Diablo 3. Blizzard is not a single entity, the team that created Diablo 1&2 has long since left. The final product you saw was poorly put together in a couple of years by people who had nothing to do with the previous games.

I would just sit in the street with the bog sign "i made diablo II" and harvest money
http://www.pathofexile.com/faq/
Helps a ton
http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/
Ditto
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/12241
Great post for your first time running through.
The games leagues ahead of other's in the genre and warrants the praise it has been receiving.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info