Kripp's Video Review of PoE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ejSJiGN4A8

I know a lot of the guys that have been supporting GGG for a long time will sigh at this name being mentioned again, but I implore everyone to take a look at this.

Anyone who only knows the name "Path of Exile" would find this run down to be extremely interesting.

Check it out.

I believe the player base is going to expand greatly in the coming months; and high profile players like Kripparian only help.

Also, Chris is heard on Mumble, with Kripp, commenting on the boss fight. Shows off what a great guy Chris is.

edit: btw, if you're seeing this now, Chris is on Mumble with Kripp right now via his stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp
Last edited by Bodach on Jul 30, 2012, 11:46:08 PM
With an indie dev like GGG, word of mouth is the best marketing. Not only does it not cost a cent, recommendations from friends and people you're familiar with is far more likely to be received as trustworthy and then acted on, as opposed to an impersonal marketing campaign.

The guy regularly gets 2,500 live viewers, and as a bonus, he's often chatting with the lead developer. This is great for the game, and great for GGG.
"
With an indie dev like GGG, word of mouth is the best marketing. Not only does it not cost a cent, recommendations from friends and people you're familiar with is far more likely to be received as trustworthy and then acted on, as opposed to an impersonal marketing campaign.

The guy regularly gets 2,500 live viewers, and as a bonus, he's often chatting with the lead developer. This is great for the game, and great for GGG.

Exactly.

Regardless of what one thinks of Kripparian, this exposure is nothing short of a total positive. Apparently, Chris and Kripp have exchanged contact information, and the streams will start being more aptly named for lead development being IN the chat.

People are hungry for a game like this. There is a lot of misinformation out there, and the stream is helping clear that up.

PoE is just getting better and better.
This is really great. You can see he is very passionate about the game as he talks about it and I bet the people that watched him play Diablo 3 are atleast considering in joining this game.
The fact that he mentions future video coverage is all I needed to hear. He likes the game (i.e., he's hooked), and he can open the minds of his viewers to it when they might otherwise not even hear about it.

This guy has the potential to be a powerful booster for our favorite indie ARPG. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
People have really enjoyed that Chris is willing to make fun of his own game, and mention what he likes and dislikes about other games, Diablo III included. BioWare and Blizzard have shown to me this year, just how restrictive the PR shackles of big publishers can be.
Last edited by BurnOutBrighter on Jul 31, 2012, 12:52:21 AM
A hand full of his viewers have been mentioning PoE in his stream for some weeks now. Of course you have the fan-boys but who does not have them when you serious about streaming what you play. But as always the serious ones stick around. I am sure allot of people are gaining exposure to Path from his Stream, and he appears to be enjoying his access.
Even if he shows it or not, im sure he is happy for receiving the atention from developers, which is something he never got from blizzard. In fact GGG has been great with the feedback from the devs, making sure that the players are being heard.
ZOMG ITS BETA TIME!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/23123 This is why.
i like him. great guy.

and i finally upgraded to diamond!!
Last edited by Dudebag on Jul 31, 2012, 1:38:33 AM
"
Dudebag wrote:
i like him. great guy.

and i finally upgraded to diamond!!

Wow.

I bow to you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type