Screen goes black then pc restarts?

I've started playing on Friday for the server test thing and have looked on the forums but found nothing. I could be playing at random times and the game will freeze up on me and screen goes black. I can't bring up task manager nor switch between windows and have to force restart/shut down my laptop. I'm running windows 7 on a Dell inspiron 1520. I have no clue what causes this nor what to do to fix it. any ideas?
A few things to check:

Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card?

Do you have a Creative sound card? You may need to switch to alternate drivers, as Creative sound cards currently cause major problems for the game. We're looking into more fixes for the problem!

Is your graphics card overheating? How long have you been playing when this happens?
Balance & Design
everything but the webcam is up to date, and i have no clue what sound driver i have and i play from anywhere from an hour up to 3 or so and just goes black
Mind downloading SPECCY?

Then in the top left corner, FILE < PUBLISH SNAPSHOT and post that here please...

Spoiler

The snapshot has a lot of information. Not just what you see in the picture.

DO NOT PASTE THE TEXT FILE IT MAKES, IT HAS PERSONAL INFO IN THAT.
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
So idk if i post the link to where it saved the snap shot or if i just do a print screen pic....
This sounds like overheating to me. Try to make sure all air outlets are free of dust/blockage.

In case you don't have a sensor program from Dell, 'Speedfan' is a lightweight, easy-to-use monitor.

In general, no temperatures should be above 60 degrees.

"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
I think this is a possible reason.

I’ve got the same issue when I played PoE the first time on Saturday (roughly after 4h playtime). I was in the Shore Encampment and was leveling a passive skill. After setting the point to the skill I got the blackscreen and had to force a manual shutdown of my laptop.

Today I checked the temperatures with Seccy during running PoE and CPU, Mobo and GPU-Temperatures are above or around 70°C. Here are the main stats of my system:

OS MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU Intel Core i7 720QM @ 1.60GHz Clarksfield 45nm Technologie
RAM 4,00 GB Dual-Kanal DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Mobo CLEVO CO. W860CU (CPU 1)
Mon PnP-Monitor (Standard) (1600x900@60Hz)
GPU 1024 MBGeForce GTX 260M (CLEVO/KAPOK Computer)
HD 298GB Seagate ST9320423AS ATA Device (SATA)
Dev Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500S ATA Device
Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

Note: Obviously I running other games (with higher or equal system requirements) on my Laptop by reaching similar temperatures without having this issue so far. But I agree that the temperatures are high.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info