Mage Reflect Tank with Power Charges? need Help

The idea behind this Build:
- High survivability trough high block, spell block(Stone of Lazhwar), high HP and high HP reg
- Dealing Dmg only trough Tempest Shield and Molten Shell(maybe a spell too like spark or something)
- Getting Power Charges on crit(Using it with Molten Shell since its bugged with Tempest Shield)
- Shock with Tempest Shield and Elemental Profilation

Would this work? The survivability is good but what about the damage? Will it be high enough? Are the Power Charges enough to have a high crit? Should i use another spell?(Spark,Incarnate,fireball etc. maybe with Point Blank?)

Any other suggestions?

thanks in advance
Last edited by BananaJenkins on Jun 9, 2013, 4:32:26 PM
It been done but you're better off with a nuke tank. You're better off with endurance and power charges using discharges. Molten Shell is way too unreliable.

I have some videos on my melee tank with tempest shield and a version of it with nuke. The charges version is on the bottom of page two with videos.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/379242
"
deadlylag wrote:
It been done but you're better off with a nuke tank. You're better off with endurance and power charges using discharges. Molten Shell is way too unreliable.

I have some videos on my melee tank with tempest shield and a version of it with nuke. The charges version is on the bottom of page two with videos.

Looks nice but i dont like Discharge and i would like to have a Build where i can Facetank Mobs. My only worry about my Build is that the Dmg i will do is too low since i dont have any offensive nodes (except the 3 crit nodes).
"
BananaJenkins wrote:
"
deadlylag wrote:

Looks nice but i dont like Discharge and i would like to have a Build where i can Facetank Mobs. My only worry about my Build is that the Dmg i will do is too low since i dont have any offensive nodes (except the 3 crit nodes).

I can face tank with both of my build. Both use endurance charges. The difference is one can kill faster than the other.

You need endurance charges to tank. High blocking can't do it alone.
Last edited by deadlylag on Jun 13, 2013, 2:42:58 AM
Maybe be but you have to cast and get the charges first. With my build i would only cast Molten Shell and Enduring Cry and the Mobs should die without me doing anything else.

Anyone else expierience with or suggestions for my build?
Last edited by BananaJenkins on Jun 13, 2013, 1:42:00 AM
"
BananaJenkins wrote:
Maybe be but you have to cast and get the charges first. With my build i would only cast Molten Shell and Enduring Cry and the Mobs should die without me doing anything else.

What do you mean maybe. I got video proof that I tank +10 level on Merciless. I just posted my nuke tank that did Tidal Island +10 level above my witch.

If you stay still for to long you will get hammer. Act 2 and Ac 3 chaos damage will kill you in no time. Your build will have all the flaws of my and much more.

"
deadlylag wrote:
"
BananaJenkins wrote:

What do you mean maybe. I got video proof that I tank +10 level on Merciless. I just posted my nuke tank that did Tidal Island +10 level above my witch.

If you stay still for to long you will get hammer. Act 2 and Ac 3 chaos damage will kill you in no time. Your build will have all the flaws of my and much more.

I simply dont want your Build. If i want to use Discharge i would make a Discharge build. But i dont want to. I would like to hear suggestions about my idea of build to see if its viable. Sure there are better Build but i like this one.
What is there to the build? Cast molten shell and Tempests Shield. Stand still. That's it. What advice do you want? It's not like it hasn't been done. There at least one youtube video of the build.

With that said the build will die to Chaos damage because you're immobile. It will die to any DoT especially poison counters and puncher. I got seven endurance charges up and mobile when a mob puncture me in Merciless. My health drop to half in a second or two. Didn't know what happen, panic and started hitting health pots. Spider Cave in act 2. Flicker Spider stack poison counters on my character. Nothing I could but die and I was mobile the entire time.

I got videos of those two events. I'll posted them up when I have time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info