Every time i log in into game I'm asked for validation because it seems someone logged into my account from different location. Literally every time. I tried changing my password but it didn't work. Nothing was stolen from me so far. I don't see any intruder's work so far. I started to think it's a bug but I'm still afraid that someone has acces to my account. What should I do? Change both email and password?
I have the same problem,
everytime i wanna log in, i have to give a password in, which is send to my email.

Cause i join from other location. Yes i join from other location, cause i changed my living Place. Where can i change my standard login location now ?

Plz message me someone in my inbox.

Thanks.
Actually I'm always logging from the same location so it seems weird to me.
"
diabolikPL wrote:
Every time i log in into game I'm asked for validation because it seems someone logged into my account from different location. Literally every time. I tried changing my password but it didn't work. Nothing was stolen from me so far. I don't see any intruder's work so far. I started to think it's a bug but I'm still afraid that someone has access to my account. What should I do? Change both email and password?

You have a dynamic IP, if you check your email for the unlock code it will usually give you a location fairly close to where you are.
It automatically kicks in when the IP address is changed as a security feature and can't be turned off as yet(the are working on it), so you'll just need to deal with it for now.

@Gideonik, pretty much the same as above...if you had a static IP and use your unlock code the security is set to that IP automatically for any future log in attempt if your IP changes you get an unlock code.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Thanks for help. Wonder how I recognize if I really get hacked tho :(
Hi there,

If you get an unlock code that says someone has tried to log in from a location that is not close to you (most likely a different country) then this should be taken as a red flag and you should change the password of your Path of Exile account and your associated email address as soon as possible.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hi there,

If you get an unlock code that says someone has tried to log in from a location that is not close to you (most likely a different country) then this should be taken as a red flag and you should change the password of your Path of Exile account and your associated email address as soon as possible.

Bex I also have this problem I have changed my email password and PoE account password twice with 2 completely different passwords I have never used before. I have also done multiple Scans for virus's and nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info