Ranged Loot Timers

I'm playing a ranged ice witch and I love playing in groups but i'm getting frustrated with the loot timers. Most of the times the timer has already expired before I made it over to the item. I'm missing a lot of currency and gems this way. Even some uniques because the item is not picked up due to a hasty misclick. Are there any plans to adjust the values according to the gem set people are using? There is just no time to respond.
There is plenty of time to respond, you just need practice.

The timer is also based on your distance from the loot, and unless you are frozen or chilled, the time increases more per distance than it would take you to run that distance, so ranged characters generally have an easier time with loot than melee.
as pwntheon said, although it seems unlikely. The perception that melee have it easier for loot is incorrect. Melee actually have less time to decide/react than ranged do. Have to spend some time trying both ways to recognize this.

FFA loot seems unforgiving/frustrating, but only until you're familiar enough with loot to recognize items quickly. And able to make a snap judgment on whether or not they're worth picking up.

There are definite benefits to non-instanced loot, especially since white items actually can have value to you depending on your build and socket preferences. Best thing you can do is adjust your loot filter and preferences, to get used to it. Try filtering whites at first so you recognize important drops more quickly.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jul 29, 2012, 6:07:26 AM
Good to know timers are based on range from the item. You talked about white filters is that just a settings option?
Yes, in the UI options you can set it so that it always displays items (without holding alt) and then another option so that it doesn't display white items unless you press alt.
Thanks. That will probably cut the amount of items popping up by 50%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info