Full clear in any difficulty - Challenge

Ever since the anarchy launch I've been taking my time to complete this challenge as I level (slowly, for sure). I've come across a disturbing fact though.

There's 3 zones which I've had problems with:
- Upper Prison
- The Ship Graveyard
- Cavern of Anger

The problem: Ending the map with 1 monster left to kill, after searching for ages I just decide to reroll the map and just start from scratch again.

Current attempts:

- Upper Prison: 4 (completed)
- The Ship Graveyard 3 (Completed)
- Cavern of Anger 7 (unable to get it done so far)

To give you a rough idea I'm currently level 17 with closing in on 5 hours played, I did search throughly through the dungeons every single playthrough and I'm starting to feel lucky that I actually finally got the first 2 done.

Am I missing something? (Spawning monsters, "hidden" areas, etc)

Off-Topic: Haven't seen any rogue exile yet so far, anyone with more luck?
Brutus and Merveil count as monsters in upper prison and cavern of anger.
Still not sure about fairgraves in ship graveyard.
I got the fully clear challenge for ship graveyard in a run after I killed the captain, and I just got the caverns of anger challenge completion DURING the merveil encounter. Killed her first form and during the ADD spawning I seemingly random got it completed...
Find it strange that Merveil is included in the Cavern of Anger challenge since she's in Merveil's Lair and not in Cavern of Anger.

The captain I do understand considering he's actually in the ship graveyard.
"
drakar8888 wrote:
Brutus and Merveil count as monsters in upper prison and cavern of anger.
Still not sure about fairgraves in ship graveyard.

That's what I found and wasn't expecting, I don't think Fairgraves counts though.

It was annoying to run around the upper prison for a while before realising Brutus might be that last monster, learnt my lesson by Merveil :P

Definitely fun to have this checklist though IMO.
Pelerin of Wraeclast
"
Primandas wrote:
Find it strange that Merveil is included in the Cavern of Anger challenge since she's in Merveil's Lair and not in Cavern of Anger.

You can't 'instance manager' Merveil's Lair, it is part of Caverns of Anger.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Primandas wrote:

Following this logic the caverns of wrath and the caverns of anger both have to be completed before you actually get the coves achievement too? Since they're a cave in a cave...

Don't get me wrong, I do get where you're coming from, same goes for the brutus one in UP. GGG could've made this a little more clear that these dungeons or instances are actually a part of the zones above them.
"
Primandas wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Primandas wrote:

Following this logic the caverns of wrath and the caverns of anger both have to be completed before you actually get the coves achievement too? Since they're a cave in a cave...

Don't get me wrong, I do get where you're coming from, same goes for the brutus one in UP. GGG could've made this a little more clear that these dungeons or instances are actually a part of the zones above them.

Not sure you got my point.

Anything you reset in instance manager = the zone.

You can reset Wrath, Anger (which resets Merveil) and Coves individually without affecting the others.

Edit: The probable logic behind it will be; any monster spawned when creating an instance (instance manager for example) will be counted.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jun 8, 2013, 10:52:02 AM
"
Primandas wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Primandas wrote:

Merveil counts as part of Caverns of Anger, Brutus counts as part of Upper Prison, and Piety counts as part of Lunaris 3. They're in a "different named zone", but it's still on the same map as their parents because there's no loading screen. It's just the name of their little arena.

I'm surprised Vaal isn't also counted for the Pyramid, but someone's logical statement for that was because he isn't spawned like the others already are.

Anyways, I've finally managed to get the challenge after major annoyances in River Crossroads, Pools and Streams, Fellshrine, and a few other smaller ones. 1 down, 7 to go.

Enjoy my nifty 1. :D
"
Zoen wrote:
Merveil counts as part of Caverns of Anger, Brutus counts as part of Upper Prison, and Piety counts as part of Lunaris 3. They're in a "different named zone", but it's still on the same map as their parents because there's no loading screen. It's just the name of their little arena.

I'm surprised Vaal isn't also counted for the Pyramid, but someone's logical statement for that was because he isn't spawned like the others already are.

Anyways, I've finally managed to get the challenge after major annoyances in River Crossroads, Pools and Streams, Fellshrine, and a few other smaller ones. 1 down, 7 to go.

Enjoy my nifty 1. :D

Thanks for the clarification on the challenge, and congratulations on the 1!
PoE enjoyer since 2011
(I don't use the forums/main subreddit)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info