Facebreaker-Bringer or Rain (Cyclone or IB)?

which do you think is better for Facebreakers with Bringer of Rain

-Cyclone
or
-Infernal Blow
ign: JIBBITTYTWO
Infernal blow, the support gem melee splash stack with the explosion corpse effect (an ennemy killed by the splash dommage will explose)
I have been playing the facebreaker build for a while now (level 80) with bringer of rain, 996% facebreakers, lionseye remorse, 10% carnage heart, meginords girdle, rainbowstrides (decent attributes since I have max block and gives me enough mana for 4 auras), q20 gems, etc.

I went cyclone for a while because I loved the lawnmower effect. However, I found it was slower in terms of movement speed, desynced significantly more (even after patch), is hard to hit enemies against walls or in corners, and cyclone completely stops if you hit a static rock/box/wall/wagon/etc. Ideally I would prefer cyclone in theory, but it just doesn't work as well in practice.

Went back to infernal blow yesterday with melee splash and multi-strike and couldnt be happier. Zero desyncs, hits more enemies than cyclone per second with the increased AoE q20 gems/Amplify/corpse explosions, gets full movement speed, and you don't have to start up or slow down from a cyclone spin. Infernal blow is faster, clears entire packs in 2 seconds flat, and doesn't stop.

Infernal blow is also about half physical and half fire, so elemental and physical reflect are both limited to half your damage... whereas cyclone is pretty much all physical and thus physical reflect may be an issue.

The ultimate reason to play infernal blow - those mudcrab things explode when they die and don't spawn the second scorpion thing.
Last edited by rakarsis on Jun 8, 2013, 8:59:25 AM
"
rakarsis wrote:

The ultimate reason to play infernal blow - those mudcrab things explode when they die and don't spawn the second scorpion thing.

Yeah this, So much !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info