Just a couple of questions I have that I was hoping for an answer to...

First- I have an acer aspire one and as far as I could tell I thought I would be able to run this, but it always says the D3D error. Do I need to run POE on a better system? Do I really need to upgrade my video card, whats the best solution here?

Second- When you equip a gem to your weapon/armor the ability is added to your hotkeys Lclick, Mclick, R click and Q,W,E,R, and T. Now what if I have an ability that gets set on Q, but I want it on my mouse, how do i swap my abilities around?

Third- Can gems be combined if I have multiple of the same kind?

I may have other questions as i go, but if anyone could answer these that would be awesome.
1. can't comment. Post system specs and maybe someone else can.

2.In the lower right hand corner it has all the skills you currently have set to a key. You just click on the box of the key you want and it brings up a list of skills to choose from.

3.They can't be combined however you can find gems with a quality bonus or use a specific currency item to increase the quality. The bonus that quality actually gives depends on the skill. Sometimes it is just damage and sometimes something like attack speed or area of effect..
I'll add this from the FAQ:

14. What are the hardware requirements for Path of Exile?

Path of Exile is designed to run on a huge variety of systems, from an everyday laptop to a top of the line gaming rig. Our detailed art is designed to not only look great, but also reveal additional detail as the resolution is increased to the maximum of 2560x1600. Exact system requirements will be determined closer to release.

At the moment, you will need a Graphics Card with Pixel Shader 3.0 or higher, and a CPU that supports SSE2. At least 2GB of RAM is recommended, and older Integrated Graphics Cards will not run well.

Edit: re: gems. Once you get to about level 15 or so, you can use "support gems" to augment your existing skill gems by socketing them into a socket that's linked to the skill gem you want to enhance.

- Welcome overboard !
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Last edited by OldeSchool on Jul 28, 2012, 6:49:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info