Option to disable positional audio for dialog? (Headphone user)

I find the positional audio very annoying as the position of the audio even when standing directly next to someone seems to be far off in to the distance for me and is just very unnatural and annoying sounding. (I have the exact same issue with Diablo 3 though that game sucks)

Sound FX/music/ambience is fine though.

My request is simply to have a Headphone option that disables the positional audio enhancement applied to dialog/speech (No impact on sound fx/music/ambience). Having the option only accessible via configuration file would be fine if a GUI option is undesirable.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jun 7, 2013, 10:50:02 AM
Update: After playing for a while longer it seems to be all positional audio in general is annoying me so perhaps an option to just disable it entirely and not just specifically for dialog.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jun 12, 2013, 5:21:24 PM
This is not something we would look to add as an option in the game.

However there are a few things you could look at doing if this is a big issue for you. You could take a look at your sound card settings, is there a way for you to force mono audio? If not, look into getting a pair of headphones with a stereo/mono switch.

While we would never add a option to disable positional audio, in the future we may look at adding a headphones option that diminishes the width of the positioning so you wouldn't have sounds panned hard left/right. But this is a fairly complex, low priority issue.

The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
This is not something we would look to add as an option in the game.

Okay.

"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
However there are a few things you could look at doing if this is a big issue for you. You could take a look at your sound card settings, is there a way for you to force mono audio? If not, look into getting a pair of headphones with a stereo/mono switch.

That would affect the music and wouldn't reflect the original system before positional audio was implemented.

"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
While we would never add a option to disable positional audio, in the future we may look at adding a headphones option that diminishes the width of the positioning so you wouldn't have sounds panned hard left/right. But this is a fairly complex, low priority issue.

That would be acceptable. Worms Armageddon causes a similar issue but it has a slider to adjust the maximum amount a sound is panned, it defaults to 50% (Of 100%) but I set it to 25%. (So the sound is panned a maximum 25% left/right)
Computer specifications:
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jul 12, 2013, 1:58:20 PM
its annoying to hear sound in 1 ear only ( especialy the waypoint in your hideout )

to balance this out play low volume music in the background :)
@dragnar <<< ingame or pm me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info