Game takes wrong video card

My laptop has Integrated Intel graphics and Nvidia Geforce GT550.
I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

For some reason the game doesn't see my Nvidia card.
I was already suspious when the game runs slow on high resolutions. In the settings I can't seem to select my Nvidia card!
Last edited by schwarzie2478 on Jul 28, 2012, 2:58:54 PM
I have the same setup but never had a problem.
If you go to your Nvidia Control panel, can you set the Nvidia card as the default one to use?
There also can be power settings on your computer that automatically make your laptop use the Integrated card if you're not plugged in.

Could also try to Right Click the game, and "Run with Graphics Processor -> High Performance Nvidia Processor".
IGN: Lothias
"
AcidMonkey wrote:
I have the same setup but never had a problem.
If you go to your Nvidia Control panel, can you set the Nvidia card as the default one to use?
There also can be power settings on your computer that automatically make your laptop use the Integrated card if you're not plugged in.

Could also try to Right Click the game, and "Run with Graphics Processor -> High Performance Nvidia Processor".

Correct....here is a more through set...

"
Reashu wrote:
Open NVidia Control Panel (you can normally right-click your desktop and open it through the context menu, otherwise it's probably in your start menu).

In the Control Panel, under the Desktop menu, make sure that "Add "Run with graphics processor" to Context Menu" is checked.

Now you can right-click the Path of Exile Client.exe and select "Run with graphics processor" -> "High performance NVidia processor".
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
Usually your PC will use the integrated card until it detects that the card is out of it's depth, and it'll switch. Are you sure that this isn't working?
Balance & Design
Thanks for the post and reply, helped me out to fix the lag in the game as it was as well using the wrong graphics card.
"
schwarzie2478 wrote:
My laptop has Integrated Intel graphics and Nvidia Geforce GT550.
I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

For some reason the game doesn't see my Nvidia card.
I was already suspious when the game runs slow on high resolutions. In the settings I can't seem to select my Nvidia card!

Hello! First post on this forum.

I had the same problem as the first poster (similar laptop config/os) - fixed it "Run with graphics processor" -> "High performance NVidia processor".

Posting here just for info as if it happens to more than one maybe it needs a fix or something.
Actually i have the same problem and solutions given by your guys didnt really help me out my game is still using intel hd graphics instead of nvidia i dunno what to do next.In game menu nvidia card is not visible ( having nvidia card + integrated )

Little update i noticed that in nvidia panel it says ( when poe is running ) g card activity - Path of Exile.exe and at the same time in game menu it says that integrated intel video card is being used.Im really confused with this issue.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
Last edited by fudarek on Jan 19, 2013, 10:49:10 AM
Hi guys same problem.
it says:
- adapter Intel HD Graphics instead of Nvidia card :-/
I've tried to set it up in the Nvidia panel also tried running game with Right Click choose card.
Please help :(
Same problem with ATI here :(
Tried everything but still with no success..
bump?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info