SuperSaiyanGodGoku's Solar Flare Shield 75%+ Block / Crit LS Build - 15k DPS! (Updating!)

You will see below,
The old build including resolute technique
and at the bottom is my new transition to crit.

Hi there, my name is SuperSaiyanGodGoku - SSjGG for short. This is my current build I am using to defeat the enemies amongst us. (currently using 334 DPS sword, though only 262 PDPS, no IAS roll )

This build is pretty much exactly the same as the build prior to the patch, except
- Sword nodes below duelist / instead of catalyze
- body and mind in templar / instead of life etc in templar area after catalyze.
- Nodes above point blank, for shield block (new shield) / instead of various passives.

Currently My tooltip dps is as follows.
Spoiler

Currently My defensive stats prior to auras / flasks
Spoiler

Buffed DPS
Spoiler

Buffed Defense (no flask)
Spoiler

Build Summary
Spoiler

Keystone
Iron Reflexes: Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
Resolute Technique: Your hits can't be Evaded
Resolute Technique: Never deal Critical Strikes
Point Blank: Projectile Attacks deal up to 50% more Damage to very close targets.

Stats
+230 to Strength
+150 to Dexterity
+100 to Intelligence

Life
2.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
182% increased maximum Life
+12 to maximum Life
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Life <--- Only SOURCE

Mana
8% increased maximum Mana

Physical Damage
26% increased Physical Damage with Swords
18% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
28% increased Melee Physical Damage

Lightning Damage
10% Chance to Shock the enemy on hit with Lightning Damage

Resistance
+30% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
+25% to all Elemental Resistances
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance

Attack Speed
3% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
12% increased Attack Speed
4% increased Attack Speed with Swords

Armour
80% increased Armour
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
32% increased Evasion Rating and Armour

Energy Shield
28% increased maximum Energy Shield

Shield Block
33% additional Shield Block Chance

Misc
12% of Block Chance applied to Spells
110% increased Defences from equipped Shield
45% increased Shock Duration on enemies
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range

Key Requirements to my version of the build.
Spoiler

This reason that these two items are key, though amulet can most likely be switched out for a solid one in the future, to this build are.
- Bringer of rain
- 15% Block
- Blind
- Stone
- 50% of your block copied over to spellblock

Passive

Pre-Transitioned Build (Not crit)

Level 85 Build

Level 90 Build

This is my current plan on my build layout.

Pros
- Quick Application of blind, with massive defense
- Great Group help, as a solid blind tank with great survivability
- Steady DPS, with shock chance, though not required.
- Relative physical dps, to make use of physical dps leech
- Able to form into other builds - frenzy charge + blood rage block etc (will discuss later)
Cons
- Low HP (current 3300)
- Most Slots are filled with auras (though not required)

GEAR AT THE PRESENT
Spoiler

Gear for AURAS
Spoiler

OPTIMIZED BUILD -- CRIT VERSION - (No more blood magic gem - changed to 20% Additional Accuracy)

This is my new build, I decided I had the required gear to switch over to crit, though I do not experience the "mana glitch" bug on regen so, there are some times where there are slight millisecond delays due to lack of attack speed roll on my apex rapier.

This build is aiming for medium average damage, with no lost to survivability, no more haste aura though. In town DPS is 9800 14% Crit 300% Multiplyer 5.5 aps, auras (No anger) 13k, with 3x frenzy 14k 6 aps.

- Key Changes -

No more point blank, able to kill at any distance at same speed.
Able to crit! Freeze/Shock stack
No more Static blows (Free passives)
Lost 1k armor
Gained 2200+ In town DPS ***Tool Tip
Gained 3500+ Buffed DPS ***Tool Tip
NO MORE BLOOD MAGIC
Much Morew!

** Able do use
20% Critical Weakness

---------------

Possible Buildcraft scenarios
Spoiler
I Might be investing into reserve mana pool, to get access to possibly enough mana to run LS purely on mana leech, hoping this will work. Though Need to find access to mana leech on an item / passive tree (most likely item)

Stream PLUG
I occasionally will stream from time to time, using this build on

Past broadcast will possibly have this build prior to "nerfs"

Other builds creations
These are my other two builds I created, totem master died due to me using soulmantle.
Viking axe has transformed.

Last edited by TheBuudah on Jul 2, 2013, 12:23:04 AM
was able to group with 4 other people and face tank 2x blacksmith with increase damage/attack

I will hopefully be streaming this weekend!!

WIll also be theorycrafting on if I am able to switch to mana only, but the requirement is getting mana leech on my gloves.
how come ur dps so high 11k
"
YUMITO1983 wrote:
how come ur dps so high 11k

It is actually higher now, gear + passives equally play a part.

I just transitioned away from Resolute to CRIT/no blood magic gem.

I will post build changes soon :D

THIS BUILD ABOVE is perfect for resolute.
Thanks bro for the build. Always like to build a paladin type character. However since I really hate LS and its probably not working without a 15%Q LS (100% piece) thus I am using cyclone instead. Will see later how my well I go in map later.
"
sheunghang wrote:
Thanks bro for the build. Always like to build a paladin type character. However since I really hate LS and its probably not working without a 15%Q LS (100% piece) thus I am using cyclone instead. Will see later how my well I go in map later.

I would have loved also to use something else, but frankly we lack melee attack as rewarding as LS.

Wish we could glacial "STRIKE" :P

I will be taking screenshots of my new crit version shortly. My intown dps went up to 10k without buffs, and I have a higher average damage per swing, thus my physical hits are actually doing a lot.

Is my new weapon.
Aegis Aurora would fit good in this build? Or any other unique shield?
I love this build, Just respeced my 72 duelist with this. Very similar but I just picked up the close WED ones aswell.. Considering they add so much into the damage and build.

My current gear. 18k buffed dps. 2300 hp and 1,400 ES unbuffed (the shield that is.)

When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
"
Xpire wrote:
I love this build, Just respeced my 72 duelist with this. Very similar but I just picked up the close WED ones aswell.. Considering they add so much into the damage and build.

My current gear. 18k buffed dps. 2300 hp and 1,400 ES unbuffed (the shield that is.)

Crazy gear... that is atm I am hitting 14k dps with 3 frenzy charges , 3200 hp atm.
If you want xpire, feel free to post your passive tree also, are you also block capped?.

Midas_ This build can very easily, if you focused more on hybrid gear to make use of the aegis's passive, and maybe filled up both body and mind slots instead of going for IR/Point blank, you would be able to.

My current passive tree, lionseye can be a nice sub instead of my shield, it would free up passive slots also as my build is for a 28% shield.

Saffels is a good shield to have also, due to the fact that if you run into resistance bosses (aka piety) wouldn't be bad to switch, on top of enfeeble + blind she will barely hit you without block anyway.

is my new neck, saved me tons of passive slots,
"
Xpire wrote:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info