<HC>(Melee)The Lightning Viking - Story of The Managod-- The End.. (quit not RIP)

This was my last theorycraft before I decided to quit, no longer having fun attempting to make builds in this game. It is to focused on its metagame of HP and dumb mechanics (freeze + shock stacks = stupid game imo)

This Axe Shall Smash Down With The Speed Of Lightning and The Power of Thunder -- ManaGod

Hey there, a little about this character is.
I started him during the week race with a few friends, waited for them to level to map. They kept dying then I took a break.

After returning I left my self with my un-optimized dual cleave build
With my linked mana leach i was doing 5 aps at around 6k dps

This build had 166% Life, I was running 3k Life 7 auras 150ish active mana able to weave my arctic armor in and out. 5 auras

Noticing a few friends in mid 50s and a few above me I decided to twink around my build a bit, and invested some regret orbs. I wanted to make use of molten shell, I also wanted less wasted points/stats - I was able to turn my build into.

Dps increase and accuracy increase.

I played with this build for a few days doing docks, then noticed a bunch of wasted points and wanted to invest into the talents on the far left (templar, increase aoe for my cleave)

This was an all around boost, gained a bit of life - Massive gain able to run all needed auras (No vitality,determination or haste) and was able to go from 7500 dps on switching out mana leech gained me 1500. I was also firm at 85% accuracy instead of 80%.

With this build I made farmed dock, just testing out the damage off auras on mobs and also farming maps up. Quickly made it to 75 sat around a few days. Got my hands on multi strike and used it with this build. My dps was 9230 switched a few items was sitting at 10k with mana leech.
I did a few maps did not have any fear even though my hp was 3300. Decided I wanted more.

OPTIMIZED MODE
I was looking at my build and noticed my dps with lightning strike was 6k with the spec I had, checked out if I was able to optimize my build more and make use of vaal pact, and switch to a 1 hand / shield build (my first HC was this and died had double the hp and 5k dps). I then came to the understanding that the best dps for my level + gain on survivability/Life etc would be.

Mind you I am only 75 atm, the way I set my passives up line me up with possible HP nodes + Static
Blows (I could get this @ 78 which I will be).

Key Points of the new build

Able to revert to DW Cleave <10 regrets with dps outcome of 12k!
7 Auras
650 mana remaining!
5 Granite Flasks!
Vaal Pact!
Iron Grip!
Inner force
Permanent Arctic Armor BUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mix of Armor/Block/Evasion - (30%26%25%)
Max Resistances(79!!!)
Eldritch Battery
5% Passive Shock Chance!(More From Gem Selection)
MANY Possible routes on the road to 85,90 then 100!
Shield (No wasted passives on dual wield block - can invest in HP or Hybrid Accuracy Nodes)
Current DPS is 7650 Tooltip linked with
Spoiler

Currently I am doing maps, I will be face-rolling (hopefully) my 66 maps I have collected from docks.
I will be streaming my progress from 75 onward with this newly found build
http://www.twitch.tv/thelaughingbuudah
If you have questions its best to message me there or in game!
Stream Will have highlights and past broadcasts related to my current duelist!
Check out my Stream I think I showed a quick hit of this build past broadcast (last 1 or 2)

Currently Equiped Gear
Spoiler

Will make few videos of the build with a few guides included in the next week.

Last edited by TheBuudah on Apr 28, 2013, 5:03:45 PM

These were drops so far!
very nice guy and good stream, solid build, thats the man mode! :D
+
Last edited by Sebash6 on Apr 12, 2013, 9:26:44 PM
"
Sebash6 wrote:
very nice guy and good stream, solid build, thats the man mode! :D
+

:D
Online! -- Updated my gear -- will add weapon/shield... still using offhand set
Almost 77!

Will be posting my finalized level 90-100 build.

Online for a bit -- no more vaal pact testing a few things
Looks nice :) How much mana / mana regen do you need for constant arctic armour (which lvl are you using? I can't see arctic armour on your gear)? Hoping to do a 2h mara / templar and I'm thinking of going for eldritch battery and arctic armour to boost my defences which will suffer due to no shield.
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Last edited by piotras on Apr 26, 2013, 6:03:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info