A userscript that lets you easily toggle the staff-only filter on and off in PoE forum threads

I wrote a userscript that adds a checkbox to PoE forum threads to easily let you toggle filtering the thread to only show posts from staff members, or to turn that filter back off.

Screenshot: http://i.minus.com/jQJXAR5KVIPJ8.png

When you click the checkbox it simply redirects you to the same thread but with "filter-account-type/staff" in the URL. It also puts you back on page 1 in case you were on a different page.

When you uncheck it, it does the opposite, and also puts you on page 1.

This is not a new feature of the PoE forums. It's always existed. (Or at least for a long time.) You just needed to go back out to the thread list and click the orange GGG icon next to a thread to see only GGG posts in it, or add the filter to the URL by hand.

If you don't know what a userscript is, it's a javascript file that gets automatically executed for you when you visit certain pages. They are used to add functionality to websites. They work natively in Chrome and Opera, and maybe even Safari. In Firefox you need a plugin called Greasemonkey. Personally, I use FF and Greasemonkey. I have not tested this userscript in any other browsers.

I posted the script here: https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/169673

This script is especially useful if you like to use the GGG Tracker like I do. It's a site that easily links to the staff-only versions of threads, and it only lists threads that have staff replies. If you click on the number at the left of a thread on GGG Tracker you get the staff-only view, but it's impossible to then view the whole thread without manually editing the URL. This is why I originally made this userscript. Making it work the other way, too, seemed natural.

Enjoy! Let me know if it works in other browsers.
Last edited by Urpo on Jun 4, 2013, 9:11:40 PM
The people over on reddit and in my guild liked this script, so I figured I'd give it a bump for more visibility here on the forums, where it's meant to be used.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info