anyone, luck with crashes?

Rather than starting another complain-fest about the crashes that occur to me regularly I'd like to just see if anyone else is having similar issues and see if we can identify common hardware. Also if anyone has had luck eliminating said crashes.

I get a couple different crashes, almost always in area transition. I can transition area maybe 8 times before the game crashes. It's very predictable.
- Unable to map file
- EOUTOFMEM (out of memory?? Yet the client.exe image is still ~1.2GB, hasn't changed size at all!)
- Various resource errors, often in a .ogg file

One person informed me that he eliminated his crashes by "disabling sound". Now, I've run the game with the -nosound parameter but sound is still enabled. So how do I disable sound? I can try a different sound device (maybe, the on-board HDMI rather than my cheapo headset)

Any other suggestions?
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
i dont have any crashing problems.. but i can tell you how to disable sound..

either in your device manager find your sound device and right click on it and select disable..

or you can right click on your sound icon in the tray, then select "playback devices" find your playback device (probably labeled as speakers) and then right click on that device and select disable.

THEN start the game, it will detect no sound, and disable sound in the UI/OPTIONS of the game.
Things with "increased" and "decreased" in the tooltip are additive ... where as "More" or "Less" are multiplicative ...
A week or 2 ago, I had a few. a good 3 of em were in the Fetid Pools, started to think something was up with that.
But I haven't had one since.
My game crash at least once every 30 mins on a high level laptop and a mid desktop, I got used to it though, still hope it would get better.
IGN : Hungryneko

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info