Discharge Marauder / SchwererGustav

Hi Exiles,

from the fact that i am asked that much about my discharge build i decided to post my build in the forum for everybody who wants to see how i linked (or how i will link my gems when i get my 5 linked armor...)

First of all the "Discharge Marauder" is a fun build its just awesome to play with it
For the ones who wonder what "Schwerer Gustav" means, its the name of the biggest german railwaygun ever used and just a huge thing just like my discharger!

Here is my Passiv Skill Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEBwSzFE0WQBkuGjgabB8CJIsn7SkuKU8tHy3SNsU22DboOlI62DwFPQ89Xz38RtdMs03YUDBQUFJTVElXDVhjXz9mnmoedhF3Yny4fLt-r4FvgpuDOIV9h2WLjIx2jM-NGZBVkc6XlZwtna6ePJ7Nnz6f36IApwinMKeEqBi53bvtxPbG2NIh2CTZYdrd217djN-_4BLhc-Qi51LsOOxV7SDvDu988B_xbPIv83H2SA==

Here is the Passiv Skill i want to achieve
Spoiler
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBBAcEsxRNFkAX6hkuGjgabB8CJIsk4SftKS4pTy0fLdI2xTbYOtg8BT0PPV89_EbXTLNN2FAwUFBSU1RJVw1YY18_Zp5qHnYRd2J8uHy7ffV-r4FvgpuDOIV9h2WLjIx2jM-NGZBVkc6XlZwtna6ePJ8-n9-iAKcIp4SoGLndu-3E9sbY2CTZYdrd217gEuFz5CLnUuw47FXtIO8O73zwH_Fs8i_zcfPd9kj7RdIh3YyezacwFCBQRxRxDjw6Ut-_j0bQ0M9lVcZtGcHz8Xa4kxHbFm8CcRmFJKo26c36fINirKFt1p0TW2TnVdadgN0F

There are a lot of things i considered but thats what came out at the end! I may change some things after i tried them out, at the moment im lvl 68 so i am sure i will change something in the end of my build...
If anybody has an idea how i can improve my marauder just post it or write me a message!

How the marauder should be skilled

You definetly need VOLLS PROTECTOR!!!!!! MUST HAVE FOR THIS BUILD
It is neccecarry to gain the powercharges on crit!!!

First of all i use most of the time just endurance and power charges... the frenzy charges take to long to gain and i can deal with that! :)

The whole build is about to kite in and out, but you are also a little bit tanky (you are not a die-on-one-hit-wonder)!

I usually have 6 endurance charges and 5 power charges before i discharge!

Spoiler
Helmet / Gloves

Spoiler
Enduring cry + Faster Casting + Increased AOE + (Reduced Mana as long as i dont have blood magic)

==> I have two Enduring cry gems in my discharger, this is way faster to gain charges

Shoes

Spoiler
Ice Spear + Greater Mulitple Projectiles + Lesser Mulitple Projectiles + (Reduced Mana as long as i dont have blood magic / Faster casting)

==> With the 600 increased crit from the second form of Icespear you gain charges so easy its just awesome

Chest-Armor

Spoiler
Discharge + Increased Area of Effect + Concentrated Effect + Faster Casting + Iron Will

==> To say the truth im not sure about Iron Will maybe i will change that one into Reduced Mana

Main-Hand

Spoiler
Molten Shell + Increased Duration + Blood Magic

==> I have to say that i dont really use Molten Shell anymore but its nice and does good damage and the bonus armor is just also a benefit. I used Blood Magic in here because i have to that point some mana problems which will vanish when i get Blood Magic in passiv skill tree.

Off-Hand

Spoiler
Reduced Mana + Purity + Determination

==> I dont really use the auras but maybe i use them later so i decided to level them up

What items you should have/need

Spoiler
First the MUST HAVE => Volls Protector (5 Linked)

Main-Hand & Offhand should have Spelldamage (Life / Res is optional but nice to have)

Boots should have movement Speed (better to kite)

All other Armor/rings/amulett peaces focus on Life and Resistances this is very improtant!!!

==> a lot of people insist on having crit stuff BUT if you go with icespear you dont need it, promise! What would be nice to have is crit for spells... so you would get full powercharges after discharing and you can discharge again

How to play

Very easy... you fire one or two times the icespear to gain 5 powercharges and then you do your two enduring cry to gain endurance charges... RUN IN AND BOOOOOM (discharge^^)

Best partyplayer for you is a summoner... because the minions are just simple as it sounds shields for you. But you will do in every party very well!

If you in a party with other dischargers... get Lochtonian Caress Iron Gauntlets (unique GLoves) they will give you conduit wich is just awesome becuase one Dischargemarauder (with the highest IQ and IR just discharges and the other (2 others needed) just collect charges :)

I hope i could help you in building up your own discharger!
If you have improvements or someting is not that good just write me an message or post it will read it! :)
Im from Germany so im sry if anything in the english is not that correct but i think its not about the grammar its about the build, so everyone who wants to correct me, save your time i will ignore that :)

thx have fun
best greetings from Germany

Schwerer Gustav

Last edited by Germanenzorn on Jun 2, 2013, 8:38:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info