Question about resists and endurance charges...

Hey all,

I am currently level 76 and got to level 76 with very little issues. I have done piety twice and 1 shot her both times. But I have recently started doing maps and some of them are fucking insane. I will die in 1-3 seconds sometimes.

I currently have 8 endurance charges (7 base but 1 extra with kaoms ring). Without using any charges I have 80% cold resist, 73% fire and like 53% lightning. Is this all wasted? Should i ONLY go for 40% resists because my 8 endurance charges will give me the next 40%?

I have about 3350 HP
About 7k armor with grace + iron reflexes

I can't remember my ground slam dps but I think its around 2.5k and heavy strike is 3.8k

Here is my gear
Spoiler

Basically my question is what is the best way to min/max. Obviously I want to be resist capped. But with endurance charges is that SUPER easy? Should i just go for 40% elemental resists (the next 40% come from my 8 endurance charges totaling 80%) then just go for as much HP and Chaos resist possible? Thanks for any help or input you guys can give me. I really do appreciate your time.

Last edited by Preference2 on May 30, 2013, 1:49:54 PM
1 shoting piety with 2.5K GS 3.8K HS DPS, cmon now, you were fighting her on normal or what :)))
And no, u should not go around with 40% resists. Actually its the other way around. You should aim to overcap your resists with 40%.
About the maps situation - well 3K life is not really ideal for maps. Also wouldn't hurt you to get a 5L and a better weapon.
I should have been more clear. Base is 40% resists then with the 8 endurance charges I am at 80% resists.

and yes I have done piety on merciless twice by myself and 1 shot her both times. I can stream it next time and give you a link. Sure it isnt easy and it takes a little bit of time but I assure you I am not lying lol. There is no reason to...
I also have a 6S 5L weapon I am trying to craft. The chaos orbs just don't want to give me a good roll :)

Once I get my weapon I will work on a chest until I can get my Kaoms :)
"
Preference2 wrote:
I should have been more clear. Base is 40% resists then with the 8 endurance charges I am at 80% resists.

and yes I have done piety on merciless twice by myself and 1 shot her both times. I can stream it next time and give you a link. Sure it isnt easy and it takes a little bit of time but I assure you I am not lying lol. There is no reason to...

1 shot means u hit her ONCE AND SHIT DIES, u understand that, right?

ANd lol, I get it waht u mean with the resists - when I say walk around with 40% think it like having 40% in town ;) Don't wanna repeat myself - it's better to have overcapped resists even though u gonna have 8 charges on top of them.

EDIT: for crafting weapons just use alts.
Last edited by MyH4o on May 30, 2013, 1:58:42 PM
hahah oops. I come from a WoW background if you 1 shot a boss it meant you killed it on your first try :) So no I do not "1" shot her. I kill her on my first attempt :)

so I am supposed to use alterations on my weapon? Not alchemy? Why is that? I only need a few properties so no need to waste alchs on unnecessary rolls?

Sorry to make you repeat yourself but why is it good to overcap resist? Is there a certain number you shouldnt overcap by?

For instance say I have +100% cold resist and I enter a map with -20% resist will that take me to 80%? Is that why you want to be overcapped? What would you recommend my resists be in town then? a full 80%? or as close to 80% as possible? How much Chaos resist should i have?

Thanks for your time
"
Preference2 wrote:
hahah oops. I come from a WoW background if you 1 shot a boss it meant you killed it on your first try :) So no I do not "1" shot her. I kill her on my first attempt :)

so I am supposed to use alterations on my weapon? Not alchemy? Why is that? I only need a few properties so no need to waste alchs on unnecessary rolls?

Sorry to make you repeat yourself but why is it good to overcap resist? Is there a certain number you shouldnt overcap by?

For instance say I have +100% cold resist and I enter a map with -20% resist will that take me to 80%? Is that why you want to be overcapped? What would you recommend my resists be in town then? a full 80%? or as close to 80% as possible? How much Chaos resist should i have?

Thanks for your time

yes to all
Endurance Charges only apply to Physical damage as far as i know.
"
alqui_gp wrote:
Endurance Charges only apply to Physical damage as far as i know.

they most definitely apply to elemental resist as well

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Endurance_Charge

do you play a marauder? O_O
Last edited by Preference2 on May 30, 2013, 4:18:28 PM
"
Preference2 wrote:

Thanks for your time

Well you can use chaos/alch scours on the weapon, sure, but it could get much more expensive and still get nowhere.
The most important mod you wanna have on a weapon is gettin high IPD. Since the only good mod on your current weapon is 136% IPD, even a blue high IPD 5L gonna be better with no problem. You'd want to get atleast 100%+ IPD. Preferably the mods Cruel, or Tyranical(requires ilvl 73). If you're lucky enough you may even pair the IPD with attack speed. Then u regal it. Ofc you'd require to have some supply of alts cuz with the addition of the tons of pointless mods lately gettin the mod you want aint so easy anymore.

About the resists - no if you have so called 100%, if you enter -20% max, u still gonna be at 60%. The reason behind having overcapped resists is that there are maps with ele weakness affix, but there are also mobs in non ele weakness maps that curse with ele weakness, conductivity etc.

Endurance charges are super useful, sure, no doubt. But you don't really enter a map encounter the first 5 or so mobs and you already have 8 charges do you? Also they do expire after all. ANd ofc every charge grants 5% ele resists on top of the 5% DR...

As for chaos res, obv it's nice to have, but you can do even with minus value on it if you're not super reckless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info