Giving away 2 beta keys following open weekend (mini-competition inside)

I've got a couple of keys that none of my friends will be able to use anytime soon, so I've decided to give them away to players here. I know many people have been wanting keys for a while and can't afford them or can't pay for them yet and I think everyone deserves to get into the game at this stage and see just how great it is. Perhaps spreading the word of good out before release so we get more supporters etc.

Anyway I am, of course, not going to just hand them out - we need to make this interesting !

I have decided to take advantage of the open weekend coming up and give people a chance to express their best impression of the game (or any other in-development game they've played) to hopefully give us a bunch of feel-good short stories about what it is we're doing !

Here are the conditions:

1. I (and only I) get to decide the two winners for "best written article" and "best use of images/screenshots in story". That means most of you will disagree with my decision - well tough it's my opinion and my keys :)

2. The story/article should be about either something good/funny/interesting about your beta experience in PoE OR any other game you've played in development stage (that includes D3, as let's face it - it's still in beta really).

3. The story can (but doesn't have to) use screenshots/images/diagrams to help you illustrate.

3. No bashing/moaning/complaining/whining - I want positive / interesting / funny experiences.

3. Total number of words should be somewhere between 250-500 - aiming for a short sweet story/report without going over the top (this post is just over 400).

4. Only entries made between 00:00 Monday 30th Jun and 23:59 Wednesday 1st Jul will be considered, so that's 3 days following the open weekend (using my time zone from Perth,WA so UTC +8:00 )

A few pointers on what I would like to see:

* I am not a grammar Nazi, but if I can't understand what you've written I won't bother.

* You can use a literal/reporting/review style or write from a completely role playing perspective - either works.

* You get brownie points for clever puns/references, but don't go over the top - I haven't played every game on Earth!

* I love old school adventure games (think Schizm/Myst/Amerzone/Syberia/Still Life), so any adventuring/exploring/discovering/puzzle solving is great!
D1 - PvM D2 - PvM/PvP D3 - MvM (Money vs Monster)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info