Rough estimate on open beta?

I would prefer to not start another character only to have it wiped in a month. Is open beta starting within the next couple of months? I think I read something to that effect, but if it's several months away I won't feel so bad about getting wiped.
IRON MAN
"
GFValkyria wrote:

I saw several threads saying "early 2012" and one that now says "mid-late August". So... August?
IRON MAN
FAQ

and

more FAQ

So, yes, it should be in August. The early 2012 dates were posted in 2011. Too bad the search function can't sort by date. :/
An accurate prediction would be closer to late September based on the amount of content GGG plan on pushing to closed beta before going into open.
TehHammer is not a crime!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38806/page/2#p528745

"
This patch has taken three weeks longer than we expected, but lots of other stuff has been done in the meantime. At this stage we don't have any announcements to make regarding revisions to estimates we made in the past.

-Posted by Chris on July 16, 2012 7:07 AM =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Open beta will lucnch in August

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info