Explain this Darkness event

So far all I've really heard about this Darkness event is that it's linked to the Vaal Ruins, that brown thingamabob near the end of level 2. I'm not even sure if it's correct, cause I can't do anything with it.

Some people might enjoy the mystery of figuring out what this Darkness event is all about, me personally, I'd just like to participate.

Explain how it works!
I'm not quite sure what you're after... the NPCs in town didn't have anything to say about the darkness? I didn't realise it was meant to be a mystery :P
It's not so much an "event" as it is and "occurrence." On the way through the Vaal Ruins, your character unwittingly disturbs something that causes to sky to darken. The NPC's are just as confused about it as you are, but they know they can blame you (the character).

I believe we'll get more lore on this in Act 3.

If you haven't been through there since the patch, have a run and you'll see how it starts.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
In short - The darkness across the land is your Fault - Go and Fix it. I tried got all the way to the top of the pyramid and got spanked by the boss man at the gate ( His Overlord name is escaping me)! So I quit and went to bed...

About to head back there and try again! I should be able to handle him as a level 32 Duelist right??? I'm hoping I was just tired and inattentive...
Is it really our fault? I'd like to think that that female NPC that we briefly see in the prison and who later blocks our path to the forest has something to do with it. People aligned with justice rarely drop evil black spikes in their wake.
"
Herborist wrote:
Is it really our fault? I'd like to think that that female NPC that we briefly see in the prison and who later blocks our path to the forest has something to do with it. People aligned with justice rarely drop evil black spikes in their wake.

You'd think a templar would be able to get past them...
Did you try talking to drognan? :-P. That's cool, I like the mysteriousness
"
TiltedAxis wrote:
"
Herborist wrote:

You'd think a templar would be able to get past them...

i see what u did there.
Btw with lightning warp you can teleport yourself beyond the spikes, but you still can't use the gate, it says path is blocked despite the fact you stand just in front of the gate.
Does the Darkness quest line cause your character to have only 1HP? NVM.
Last edited by icewolf301 on Jul 25, 2012, 1:26:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info