Bear trap damage display bug.

I already reported this behaviour with fire trap, it was fixed on that skill, but still happens with bear trap: At bottom right it does not take spell damage into account for calculating damage. In "C" stats it shows it correctly.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Bear trap is not affected by spell damage. The character screen is incorrect because it can't currently handle that.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Bear trap is not affected by spell damage. The character screen is incorrect because it can't currently handle that.

Wait! Are we drawing different rules between traps now? Fire trap is affected by spell damagebut bear trap is not? Why does my Iron Will even affect bear trap if it can't increase its' damage?
Different skills are different. "Traps" includes almost all spells in the game, (and hopefully soon, many attacks as well), via the support gem. A bear trap is intuitively not a spell, a big fiery explosion is intuitively a spell.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 20, 2012, 1:36:58 AM
I see, I was thinking all traps are spells too mechanic wise. Thanks for clarification.

E: I was kinda wondering why that 10k+ damage trap didn't seem to do that much damage.
Last edited by Targuil on Jul 20, 2012, 3:05:57 AM
O.k., If this small damage is not a bug, let it be.

Spoiler

But i think, then spell damage in my skill tab and skill dps in my hover information is certainly a bug.

And, skill gem still says it is a spell..
Spoiler

And it is still 1,5 more "dangerous" then clarified in gem.. where it comes? not as a bug, just interested.
Last edited by Cruger on Jan 7, 2013, 12:29:40 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Are you saying that the character screen IS showing spell damage affecting it but in reality it's not? Not sure what you mean by "handle that".

Some funky things I'm seeing here with Bear Trap...

I have a shield with +5% spell damage on it. It is increasing the damage of Bear Trap on the character screen Offense tab but not on the hotkey bar tooltip (known bug I take it due to your comment?)

I have a wand with +40% spell damage AND +5-8 (integer) physical damage. Only the 5-8 physical damage is increasing the Bear Trap damage on the Offense tab.

Funny, why the wand's +spell damage wouldn't affect it but the shield's does? Weird that a weapons integer physical damage increase mod would affect a skill? (didn't think it worked like that, thought it only affected the weapon).

Very strange indeed.

I assume the hotkey tooltip is the ACTUAL damage for Bear Trap? For me it always says 14-20 damage no matter what gear/mods I take on or off (STR, integer physical damage, spell damage, % physical damage, etc).

So what exactly is SUPPOSED to affect the physical damage of Bear Trap? And are there any other skills with similar damage bug/display discrepancies?
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on Feb 1, 2013, 11:47:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info