Do you enjoy the pvp?

I enjoy the theory crafting behind it, but the actual physical aesthetics of the game is... pretty garbage. I can't tell if it lag, but the game just feels very slow and cumbersome. It feels impossible to kite, period. Trying to melee a moving enemy is ridiculous, the hitboxes become incredibly dodgy and almost always inconsistent. Bows and wands are even worse, in general.

It feels asif a melee(eg. heavy strike)attack spell has to be cast on an enemy, instead of it actually having a hit box. Maybe this is intentional, but it sucks.

wug
Last edited by exmse on May 20, 2013, 9:10:09 AM
Well, I do enjoy both theorycrafting and playing. Most of the time the game seems too fast, not too slow to me :D especially 3v3. Lag sucks though, obviously
Definitely needs a lot of polish. Kiting is stupidly hard unless you're fighting another spellcaster (ironically).

It should be possible to 'dodge' enemy attacks with movement though. But maybe not to the extent that exists now?

Things also tend to feel better in merc pvp (IMO) when everyone has more speed in all areas and your skills are fully fleshed out and supported.
Last edited by aimlessgun on May 20, 2013, 4:16:23 PM
I am loving the new uniques they are commin out with as well as the new gems. Storm cloud bow is pretty rad. Multistrike and power orb gain on support are super sweet and I cant wait to see some nice crit builds.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
In 28 kiting is extremely hard, due to the still outstanding (read: broken) power of Flicker+Beartrap/Tempchain combination, imo.
I mean, if you are melee (and do not use Flicker as your main dps skill) and you have Flicker, pretty much nobody can escape you. On the other hand, if you are a melee without Flicker, pretty much everybody can force a draw simply by running/whirling/leaping away.

In most cases the 1v1 28 PvP feels either too fast or too slow without a middle ground. There are simply not enough balanced matches with opponents of more or less equal strength (not talking about general balance-issues, but about matchmaking here). It is either me crushing noobs or me getting stomped - or at least it feels like that.
In 3v3 mapdesign contributes to this feeling, as there are some maps which are too damn small (especially the two Dock-maps; god I hate those!) and/or have stupid spawnpoints and bottlenecks (in particular that right-angled mausoleum arena, where the right-cornered team mostly ends up camping behind the wall to get in a sneaky shot, while the lower team fills the bottleneck with a gazillion beartraps and forms a firing line).

Still, if the matchup and the map are good, then I really enjoy the 28 PvP and I would really love to have a league or sth along that line...

regards
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
Last edited by Azdrubel on May 21, 2013, 3:39:19 AM
I'm back and forth on PVP. One minute it's all I want to do so I start theorycrafting/gearing up a build then before I even fight anyone I just get bored with it. I think it's too formal without any formalities. An area, timer, rounds all this fancy stuff but no tournaments, rewards, or even steady/serious competition.

If it was like D2 pvp, just a hostile button, go. I'd be in love and would try to goad people into PVP in pubs. How fun would PVPing someone in a maze map be? If we are keeping this system I really expect it to be more than a side thing they don't give much attention.

Either throw it in haphazardly or polish that bitch up. Never little this lukewarm feeling.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
I enjoy PvP as a tool for preparing and getting ideas for cutthroat league.. Also testing out weird characters is fun. So I quess u can say I enjoy the PvP.. but I play it mainly because im just waiting for cutthroat and dont have much else to do. I also really enjoy seeing a very weird character doing good in PvP. The weirder the better.

Should prob. do more races but I just havent done anything in season 2 for some reason. Missed cutthroat today by an hour cuz of the timing... :D.

Cant wait for cutthroat... PvP arenas is just something I use to pretend that im playing cutthroat. (While it is very different and races are prob. the superior way to practice... u dont haft to do it in a race u can just do test runs.)
kiting really shouldnt even be allowed in this game. Imagine being melee and getting infinite kited against an FPer while he uses temporal chains on you. And then you get chilled. What do? Exactly.
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
"
pianokingx3 wrote:
kiting really shouldnt even be allowed in this game. Imagine being melee and getting infinite kited against an FPer while he uses temporal chains on you. And then you get chilled. What do? Exactly.

What to do? Pop a Warding Quicksilver and kill him!

Kiting should not be allowed? Are you serious? I mean, kiting in PvP here is the one thing that requires the most playerskill. If it was not allowed you could as well give both chars a stick and have them whack at each other till one falls^^ what fun is that? The whole PvP is about synergies and counters. And Chill/slow is in fact one of the most effective synergies for kiting while a Heated and a Warding Flask are possibly the most effective counters (not talking about freeze here) to that.
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
"
Azdrubel wrote:
"
pianokingx3 wrote:

What to do? Pop a Warding Quicksilver and kill him!

Kiting should not be allowed? Are you serious? I mean, kiting in PvP here is the one thing that requires the most playerskill. If it was not allowed you could as well give both chars a stick and have them whack at each other till one falls^^ what fun is that? The whole PvP is about synergies and counters. And Chill/slow is in fact one of the most effective synergies for kiting while a Heated and a Warding Flask are possibly the most effective counters (not talking about freeze here) to that.

Popping flasks is not considered a counter imo. Why? Well all the kiter has to do is run around in circles until you run out of flasks. Then he'll just proceed to freeze and temporal chains you again. How are you going to kill a high level PVPer who does something like that as melee?
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info