GGG please put up a permanent warning on the home screen before restart

I started a map this afternoon, only to see a warning flash on my screen that I had 20 minutes to finish it right after I started the map. It was my first level 73 map so I was planning to tread carefully through it. As I had also rolled larger area on it, I wasn't getting it done in 20 minutes. If there was a permanent warning that would have flashed on my screen when I logged in, instead of the trade chat warning 10 minutes earlier that I obviously missed because I wasn't online, I would have known not to start a map. As it stands, telling people not to start a map with a message they won't see if they log in after the message is displayed doesn't help them avoid losing a map to a restart. Please add some kind of "realm restart" sticky message that people will see as soon as they log in if one is coming.

So in the map, when there was at least a minute to go before the restart, a level 74 map (Gorge) dropped. I picked it up and it was in my inventory well before the realm restart (I know this because there were messages telling me when the realm restart was going to occur, and I am aware that stuff that you find after the timer is up gets lost).

My inventory was full when the timer went off. When I logged back in, half my inventory, including my level 74 map, was gone.

This is really frustrating. High level maps are SO hard to come by, and to lose one for no apparent reason is extremely annoying.

Also, if possible please fix the timer or save system so that drops one minute before the realm restart are still saved.
IGNs: Boslin, EmilysVermiciousKnid, Sansarya, Hathem, Rejnah
Time zone: US CST (GMT -6)
Last edited by CyanideNow on May 16, 2013, 11:34:33 PM
I think this is a good idea.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"

Hahah ouch man that sucks, so basically you were like

[rage quit]

This I am saving for when I do my other 73 map with high quantity and it drops 1 level 67 map, sending me back down to the bottom again.

Seriously, if I had known that it doesn't save at restart time I would have logged out as soon as I picked it up.

Last edited by CyanideNow on May 15, 2013, 7:19:23 PM
I've seen other people mention having this problem as well. Anyone that logs in between 10 and 20 minutes before a patch will not see a restart warning until the 10 minute marker. I hope this is something that can be fixed in a future patch.

I can't believe we don't have this yet. That would be such an easy fix and it would solve a lot of problems
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
I completely agree with the OP. It shouldn't be too hard to just show that message immediately on login to anyone who missed it because they were offline. What the OP described could just as easily have happened to me or a lot of other people here. (I have lost two maps and a 5L to server crashes, though.)
As an update, I have passed this idea directly onto the devs. It should be doable with nominal effort.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
As an update, I have passed this idea directly onto the devs. It should be doable with nominal effort.

You are awesome! Thanks so much :)
So, I googled this thread right before the most recent update (refer to time stamp) and I'm very disappointed that nothing seems to have changed with this. Luckily, I didn't have the same unfortunate circumstance that prompted this thread, but I've come close at least two times now and I truly believe this needs to be changed soon. Maybe a sob story will help so here's mine:

I've been playing this game for a year now and I work 40+ hours a week. My characters are maybe mediocre at best because I don't live in mom and dad's basement while staying unemployed to log 15+ hours a day on this game, and therefore, I don't come close to earning as much good gear or currency that many others seem to be able to acquire. I play on a laptop that isn't the best...partying with more than 1 other person causes me to lag so bad that I just end up dying and end up losing more than I gain even though it's supposed to be the opposite. Actually, I'm lucky when the game doesn't freeze up on me just by simply opening a Strongbox, killing me in the process. I could go on but suffice to say, it really sucks for me and others like me who don't have enough fair warning of realm restarts, since we have to build up slower than many other people.

I don't think we're asking for much. Please give us more than a 30 minute notice (I think an hour would be fine) and the idea about a permanent on-screen notice is great too. Thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info