Marauder Leap slam Sweeper

Hey guys, im making this thread cos of the lack of Sweep guides and Debat's

So i will start showing my build and gear

Skill tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0PVBLhFCAUTRiRGS4aOBv6HOcg8CSLJd8n1SftKLUpLjIJNug6UjrYPQ89_ECgRHJE50d-TdhQR1BQVElVqVYEVw1YY18_YEtgiGEhYVJlTWo7bmlyqXTtd2J673y4fLt82YTEhNmGYIcph2qKdIx2jM-QVZBskc6XtJkrns2fy6IAouqkGacwp4SpaKmUq8Wsqqy6ud277b2BvqfEFcRYxPbFisbYypDSIdSP2WHfv-dS7DjvDu9O8B_yL_Pd9kj3vg==

Equipment
Spoiler

Atm im doing 3.02 APS and 2500 dps
healthpool is on 2300, and armour 3.5k ( stacking enduring and granite )

( this is a very experimental build and 100% selfmade, )

So if you guys got any idea's to replacement of gear,
Changes in skill tree or whatever

Or if u even feel like showing what ur working on ur self,
then go ahead and Post it here!

Best Regards Kiehn123

Last edited by Kiehn123 on May 15, 2013, 7:15:20 AM
hello,

i have a lv 76 marauder, witch use leap slam and sweep as primary skill.

my english is not really good but i just want to share my build with you because it is very similar.

and its my first mele character i create it for a 8h turbo race and i survive and decide to keep playing with this marauder.

i can give you my stats, so you can see if its look good for you or not :

lv 76 :

life : 4043
armor without aura or charge : 6035 dmg reduction 36% (lv76)
with grace (always active) armor = 8937 -> 46% reduction (before using charge)

dmg reduction with 5 charges = 71 %

if i use a granite (with armor bonus during flask effect) with my charge i got near 25K armor and 90% physical reduction. its is really usefull.

life leech : 11 % (9 from stuff and 2 from the skill tree) + i use warlod's mark who give 5 or 7% life leech.

resistance (without charge):

fire : 80%
ice : 80%
lighting : 71% (i need a bit more here)
chaos : -46 % (pretty bad )

27% movement speed

damage :

my damage are not very high i think for my level but its ok i dont have 5 link (use 4 link only :/).
i do 4863 dps with heavy strike and 2131 dps with sweep (i use leap slam for jump into a pack , then i use sweep a lot with culling strike) i use heavy strike for single target and for stun, so i can facetank khole or brutus in merciless with the stun effect + life leech.

skill tree atm :

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwOrRLhFCAUTRRxGNsZLho4IWAn7Si1KS4ppTIJNYY6UjqzOtg9_ECgQapDnEd-Sn1N2FBHUFBWBFhjWfNbr18_YEtgiGEhYVJlTWebZ6BuaXKpdO108XrvfLh82YFvhNmGYIdqh3aMdozPkFWQbJ2qnjyeuZ_LogCi6qcwp4SpaKmUq8WsqrnNud2-p8APwBrE9sbY0k3Uj90N37_sOO8O707wH_Iv8932SPcy97746_zF

soon (i hope) :

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwOrRLhFCAUTRRxGNsZLho4IWAn7Si1KS4ppTIJNYY6UjqzOtg9_ECgQapDnEd-Sn1N2FBHUFBWBFhjWfNbr18_YEtgiGEhYVJlTWebZ6BuaXKpdO108XrvfLh82YFvhNmGYIdqh3aMdozPkFWQbJ2qnjyeuZ_LogCi6qcwp4SpaKmUq8WsqrnNud2-p8APwBrE9sbY0k3Uj90N37_sOO8O707wH_Iv8932SPcy97746_zFPC3Grv4K8kXnY7c-eriuk6ZXOuGI8bXyqW5N46xZ_o8=

as you can see it is very similar to your skill tree. you have taken a lot more damage node but its not bad because during the leveling of my marauder i was pretty low on dps even with very good weapon.

the difference is i have taken iron reflexe to use grace ( i think it worth it) the bonus is hugde and i have "leather and steel" so i m not slow while moving (no penalty from armor) u have only 2 skill point to spend to have it.

so you ask "So if you guys got any idea's to replacement of gear"

i would like to say to try carnage heart , its really insane, the life leech is so hudge, i have remove the life leech gem from my sweep cause i have already 11% life leech (9 carnage heart and 2 from passive) + warlod's mark.
the 25% reduced life seems really bad but in fact its not that bad at all, because its not 25% overall its like 2 12.5% passives node. i make a test when i was at 3k hp and without the carnage heart i was at something like 3.3 k . so its not so big for 9% (or 10 for perfect roll) life leech.
i think culling strike is nice with sweep and u could remove life on hit if you use a carnage heart.
I see u use multistrike, i dont know if its good because it should be really fast but less strong on the impact and i like to hit strong because that stun the monsters so you take less damage if you are in a pack while you have a lot of life leech.
you can use increase area of effect with enduring cry, so you got more charge.( the range is bigger).
and i use immortall call sometimes when something goes wrong , for exit to a pack who hurt too much, or for facetank a boss who hurt too much.

here is my stuff if you want to see :

Spoiler

i dont want to tell you what to do, because, i am learning too but the build works, its fun and fast, i dont have try map higher than 68 because i dont have a lot of high level maps and have ton of 66/68 maps to do before. i think for map , the most important is to be cap resist and have lot of life because status effect are affect by the hit and the amount of life you have. i m sure there is a lot of people who use leap slam/sweep its simple and fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info