Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

New player. Is my build alright?

I'm a new player who just started playing today as a Marauder. I'm level 15 and I just saw some builds on here that look pretty decent.

Here's mine:

Passive skill tree build

Is it any good or should I try to change it?

Items:

Spoiler

Weapon choices:

Main: King_Weylin, 2h Marauder
Last edited by warfighter67 on May 14, 2013, 11:39:32 PM
Dont worry too much about ur gear in low lvls,

Just make sure u got ur Talent tree 100% figured out, or else its going to get costy!

good luck
"
Kiehn123 wrote:
Dont worry too much about ur gear in low lvls,

Just make sure u got ur Talent tree 100% figured out, or else its going to get costy!

good luck

Heh, that's the problem. I don't have the first clue what I want to do with my build. I've mostly been picking as I go, mostly focusing on 2h skills.

I was looking for advice on whether I should stop in my tracks and reverse or where to go from what I have. My passive skills are linked in the OP.
Main: King_Weylin, 2h Marauder
In order for us to assess your build we need to know (1) what skills you want to use in "end game" and (2) where you mean to head with your passive tree. To some "end game" means Merciless difficulty and to others it means farming high level maps (dungeons) after beating Merciless.

I know that sounds odd, to decide what skill you are going to use before you even start leveling you're tree, but that is the nature of this game since the skills come from gems and the passive tree just boosts them (and your life, armor, etc).

Some of the more popular 2 handed skills are Ground Slam (which is suggested for new Marauders) and Lightning Strike (which is a little tricker to play but still very newb friendly).

From your tree right now, since I can't tell where you are headed or why, I would say it's clear you want to boost your damage but beyond that I can't tell what you are after.

Make your tree with 40-42 pts used, which would represent basically getting into the first act of Cruel difficulty around level 35 and having the skill points from rewards and killing Piety on normal. As a Marauder you want to help the bandit Oak in Act 2 (Normal difficulty) when you do the bandits quest since the reward of +40 max life will scale very well with all the +HP% nodes you will end up taking. In the other two difficulties you can pretty much choose whether you want the passive point reward or the reward they offer. I usually take the point in Cruel, and the Endurance Charge (from Oak) in Merciless.

Get back to me and I (and likely others) will offer more insight ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info