Cutthroat Races - Why You So Crazy Formats?

So we finally have a trickle of pvp (cutthroat) races. What is the reasoning behind making 5/6 of them bizarro-rulesets? I understand those rulesets are useful for standard races, to spice things up, but base CT is crazy enough already. AFAIK we haven't even had any point-providing CT races until now anyway, so why the need to make them all crazy-like right off the bat?

Edit: on further thought, to answer my own question, i guess it's probably to encourage PvP rather than people running off and PvEing, now that points are provided. I guess we'll see how it goes.
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on May 14, 2013, 2:05:10 AM
Yes, I would imagine it's so people don't just run through terraces and try to get to ledge asap, turning it into a normal race again (a normal race with bizzaro mods, that is...)

Also, Turbo and Lethal for example won't apply to players themselves, but it will stop them from just running away from other players through an otherwise safe mob pack.
Don't think of these as Cutthroat races, but races that happen to have Cutthroat as a mod.

While I understand that Lethal should slow down I don't like they way it will slow down.

The main result of this will be rangers with ice arrows shooting at each other hoping some mobs are close and witches with cold snap/ice spear.

I would prefer a mod life fecund.
Mobs have 600% HP and -50% fo each player in the instance or a you invade automatically and only can leave the instance once the enemies are dead.

"
Also, Turbo and Lethal for example won't apply to players themselves, but it will stop them from just running away from other players through an otherwise safe mob pack.

This might be the case for dangerous areas such as mud flats passage(desync)

But I can tell you for sure that esacping areas such as ledge lower prison is quiet easy.

If you wear easy armors escaping rockies and prisoners gate is also easy.

But don't expect anybody to get past brutus.
I would suppose a safe brutus time in Turbo Lethal solo would be 50min.
PLEASE more REAL Cutthroat Races!
People love them!
Moaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info