[NEWBIE HELP] Pure caster marauder

Heyy everyone!

Just started the game today, been neck deep in youtube videos, guides and so on...

My question is, that I'm thinking of trying a - maybe bit fishy - pure caster marauder build.

I'm not yet quite sure about actually using dual totems or sticking with lightning instead of fire, but I'd gladly have some advice, whether it is this worth pursuing:

Summary

Build

Thanks so much!
Ya this is totaly not only do able but a very good build.

A few points though to help you out.

1.) Spell totem gems not useable till like like 31 and you should be in cuerl by then. Here is how I would go so that all you realy have to do is grab a heavy hard hiting two hander mace.

You will drop Resulot Tech after you start using you totems but trust me It's worth it for when you going though normal hiting stuff.

And just keep going when you got your spell totem's realy to rock and roll just buy back 2 points from Resulot Tech and two more from were ever you were last working towards.

I recomend using Ground Slam for aoe and ether heavy hit or Glacel for single targets and Leap slam for mobilty. Till you get your totems going.

Save the Armor nodes for level 60+ they will not realy help you much till then so you don't need to place points in them till then.

Reworked your passive tree removing some things I know you won't need with Spark or Arc.

A good defence for Totems is using Frost Wall it realy takes alot of dmg off your Totems and yourself for that matter. But the draw back is your spell totems need to pierce.

A good piercing one is Incinerate.

But I would not use it till you have a L-6.

Spell Totem/Incinerate/Faster Casting/Faster Projectial/Add Lighting Dmg/Greater Multiple Projectile.

Here is a build for that.

Ok some info on how Incinerate works.
1.) You know it's Piercing and wtih GMPx2 totmes your going to cover the screen in flames.
2.) You mite have noted that I did not pick up any crit or inc burn dmg nodes that's becouse Incinerate do's it's dmg in a mega ton of tiny little bits of dmg every sec. Bad for burn dmg great for stacking shock. And that's why you team up the Add lighting dmg gem with the Static Shock nodes.40%x3=120% more dmg and that stacks up fast. Should be no problem geting something like 21+ attacks a sec.This is good becouse at 21+ attacks a sec you will hit stage 3 in 1 sec.
3.) It's taged with Fire,Projectial,Spell. Notice Projectial that's why we put Faster Projectial gem in it greatly inc's the range or reach of are fire's attack. That's also why we go alittle farther past Ironreflexes and get Point blank 50% more dmg yes thx u sir my I have another. Becouse you going to set this farly close to a boss anyways becouse you can get all 5 flames of fire to hit just by moving it alittle bit close.

There's probly more I'm forgeting to tell you about it but I'm very sleepy and need to craw into bed before I wake up with keyboard face again.

But if you don't want to use Frost Wall Spark and Arc are both very good totems to roll with.
Elder Wand Power!
Wow... just wow!

Thank you for the quick and supportive answer!

Yesterday I got to level 13, and on the way there, I grabbed some +int items with fireball, firestorm and incinerate gems (the last two being gifts from a friend), so I was planning on doing the following in the first few levels (as I'm basically using fireball for everything and firestorm for big crowds), then rolling back on fire once I have some intelligence to use proper spells and acquire the totems.

Temporary Build

To be honest, I did feel, that I should just keep bashing 'till I get the spell totems, but you know... I just couldn't resist doing half the damage for some magic effects.

So two more questions if I may:

1) Is it just my googling skills, or are caster-marauders quite uncommon? I hardly found any similar on the interwebs.

2) Should I grab the dual totem passives in your opinion as soon as I have a spell totem gem?
With this good build, i wouldn't take the blood magic passive but go with this awesome unique who will finally find a real utility over just buffing

I'm questionning myself to make or not a kinda sort of arc marauder with full strengh, iron will and this head :)

Edit: dont be affraid by the 100% mana cost. It just means nothing special and your mana cost skill will be the same than normally.
Last edited by Madhibiki on May 15, 2013, 1:55:56 AM
"
Madhibiki wrote:
With this good build, i wouldn't take the blood magic passive but go with this awesome unique who will finally find a real utility over just buffing

No way!

I will very much need this. It is exactly on par with the strengths of the build.

I'm sure I'll keep an eye out for it. Any idea where to farm it?
i have one for sell on softcore league sir.

Feel free to Add me.

I'll be on later in the day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info