Marauders have a gimped Heavy Strike!

Hi there, I've been playing PoE for a while now and I've been enjoying it since the start. However, I've noticed something that really ruins the marauder, which is the attack animation of heavy strike.

Those of you that play marauder know that when you use heavy strike, you wind up and then smack the enemy. This animation is significantly slower than an auto attack. Now, if you use heavy strike on any other character, such as duelist for example, there is no wind up animation for them. Instead, they use heavy strike as their normal auto attack animation, hitting WAY faster than marauders, leading to way more DPS.

I was so upset to find out that marauders are the only class with a gimped heavy strike animation. I searched the forums to find out if the heavy strike animation will be added to the other characters, but I found nothing. Will the marauder stay gimped? If a dev could reply to this, I would be very grateful.
I understand that the animation is different, but are you sure the attack time is different? Some classes just don't have unique animations for every skill.
TehHammer is not a crime!
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
I understand that the animation is different, but are you sure the attack time is different? Some classes just don't have unique animations for every skill.

Yes, I'm sure. If you want to compare the speed, use the marauder's auto attack and see how many attacks you get in a second. When you compare that speed to the heavy strike speed, you will notice that it is much faster since you don't "wind up" and you will get in more attacks if you actually time it. The attack time is definitely different.

On the other hand, you can use any other class like duelist or shadow and their heavy strikes are exactly the same as their auto attack. They get in way more attacks than a marauder.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a result of the long animation with the marauder, but if I keep hammering away with with heavy slam on my marauder, the animation desynchronizes with the actual hit. I theorize this is because the attack time and the animation time are different, but I don't have proof other than this observation to substantiate this claim.
I recorded the sound of a minute of shift-clicking in air, and heavy strike's speed appears to be the same as normal attack.
Last edited by FrederickHermanJonesJr on Aug 16, 2012, 12:07:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info