Koams Firestorm (Build sucks GG)

My Koams dual sparker just died due to a puncture + chaos alchemist combo, and I'm looking for an interesting build to re roll. I was going to try out Bobslops Detonate dead build, but as I was leveling up with my searing touch + fire storm I thought that a Koams life leach fire storm build might just work.

Current build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswx9Dq0QfxRNFHUVIBkuGYUaOBpsHb4kqiftKS4pTymlKk0s6TbpOtg64TwFPC09_D8nRtdKfU3YUFBUSVb6WGNZbVnzXz9fmGegbBZuqnRBerh8uIFvgpuDOIPbh3aI8YuMjHaMz5BVna6ePJ_fogCmV6cIp4Ssqq6Ttz64k7ndwBrE9saexq7G2M5x1I_a3d0N4XPjauQi51LnY-w47SDvDu988B_yL_JF8932SPxL_MX-Cg==

Late end game(lvl 90)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEBwSzDH0OrRB_FE0UdRUgGS4ZhRo4Gmwdvh8CJKon7SkuKU8ppSpNLOk2xTbYNuk62DrhPAU8LT1fPfw_J0bXSn1N2FBQUlNUSVb6WGNZbVnzXz9fmGBtZ6BsFm6qdEF6uHy4gW-Cm4M4g9uHZYd2iPGLjIx2jM-QVZeVl_ScLZ2Ana6ePJ_fogCmV6cIp4Ssqq6TtQS3PriTud3AGsT2xp7GrsbYznHUj9gk2t3dDeFz42rkIudS52PsOOxV7SDvDu988B_xbPIv8kXz3fZI_Ev8xf4K

I Will be using a koams heart and a 5L (eventually 6L searing touch) With IR Inner force, and grace. I should have around 9K Life and 25k+ armour without a granite once I get my gear.

My first thoughts about how to make this build work was to try and stack burning damage and use prolif. As fire storm Hits multiple times, and each singular hit does relativity low damage the burn from prolif would be very low. So here is the 5L I am proposing.

Fire storm
Conq
Fire pen
Life leach
Blood magic

reasoning for using fire pen over chance to ignite is the same reason that I think prolif would be garbage.

On a last note the reasoning for not using the increased duration gem, is that In my build I am already able to get 45%, and I think that is enough, but hay I may be wrong.

(Edit)
Can some one confirm point blank does not work with firestorm? The skill itself does not say projectile, so I assumed It would not.
Last edited by Savage90105 on May 15, 2013, 1:21:17 PM
For the same reason you would use life leach over chance to Ingnite should you not use life on hit?

And now here is another mind bogler.

Firestorm/Concentrated Effect/Fire Penetration are the main dps gems.

So what if you were to Pick up Static blows nodes for 20% to shock and then on a L-5 go something like

Firestrom/Concentrated Effect/Fire Penetration/Add Lighting Dmg/Elemental Proliferation

And on L-6 Inc Duration as it adds to the total number of fire balls that lands upping both dps and shock stacks.

But then that leaves you with out ether life leech or Life on hit.

So how about we go with L-6 end game speaking and build it like this.

Firestorm/Concentrated Effect/Inc Duration/Add Lighting/Elemental Proliferation/Life on Hit

And cures with Flammability?

Edit: Guess I got carryed away here looks like you need bloodmagic in there to run it. I would then drop Inc Duration for the Bloodmagic.
Elder Wand Power!
Last edited by Balthizar1903 on May 13, 2013, 4:14:56 PM
Yea, I'll be using flammability. The reason I'm not going static blows + added lightning would be that firestorm has a 20% damage effectiveness. Meaning added lightning would only do 20% of the damage that is listed on the gem. I don't think it would be anywhere near the damage needed to shock.... but if It can shock even with the low effectiveness you might be on to something.
So long as it do's 1 point of lighting dmg is has a 20% chance to shock that's what so awsome about thoughs node's.

The lighting dmg it's self would be small it's the shock's that are stacking from multible hit's and being passed back and forth from Elemental Proliferation that realy up's the dmg.

The add lighting dmg gem it's self is total garbage with out the Static Shock nodes and Elemental Proliferion backing it up. So dont use it with out both of them.

Another cool thing is with Elemental Proliferation is when you see though's dead corps with shock or burning on them it will still pass the shock to others even after death.

If the corps gets raised by a necro or exploded then it do's not do that but so long as the corps is seting there and it's still got shock on it. It will keep passing it off to the living in range.

And yes Firestorm get's that nasty 20% thing.

But here is another cool thing about how Firestorm works. Not only do's inc area affect the size of the main area that is covered but each one of the fire balls that drops explodes in it's own little aoe like a fire ball. So each one that drops can hit more then one target.

I will also give you a heads up. This spell on my summoner consumes huge amounts of mana. But as I summoner I'm use to it and built for it as summons are not cheap also.

And that's with out a Bloodmagic gem on it. So be prepard to pay a very heavy life cost. And watch out for elemental reflect mobs.
Elder Wand Power!
Last edited by Balthizar1903 on May 13, 2013, 6:32:07 PM
"
Balthizar1903 wrote:
So long as it do's 1 point of lighting dmg is has a 20% chance to shock that's what so awsome about thoughs node's.

Shock's duration is based on the damage dealt.
If shock does not surpass around half a second in duration, it is not applied.
1 lightning damage will NEVER shock a target.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
Here is info on shock.

I do normaly cures with Conductivity.

But I have never had any problems with shocking with this spell in this way.

The shock will not last long. It will end shortly after the spell it's self much like Incinerate spell totem when you place Add Lighting on it. And it suffers the same 20% penelty.

Edit: To be fair I did not start playing with ether Firestorm or Incinerate like this till like level 70+ and doing maps so the Add lighting gem I'm using is max level and max quality. It adds a base 20 lighting dmg per tick and that get's inc by spell dmg and any +lighting dmg you my have on your gear or from your passive tree.

Though Conductivity on top and it's not much of a problem for me. So this may not be a beginer caster thing.

I did do the Spark then Arc thing when leveling up myself at first. And there both great ways to get the ball rolling easyly and swiftly.

But personly I'm real iffy on if a High level Firestorm with good Linked gems+Bloodmagic gem can even be safly supported.
Elder Wand Power!
Last edited by Balthizar1903 on May 15, 2013, 2:49:52 AM
UPDATE
Build is great up to merciless. The damage is absolutely insane at level 31 with the 5L, but really tapers off once you get higher up. I was killing literally any rare, or magic monster with a single cast, but now it's taking 2+ casts to kill crapy white mobs. Another HUGE issue I have come across is how firestorm scales with area talents. All increased area does is widen the range fireballs can fall from your selected target. Once I invested in the witch and Templar area nodes It was possible for my intended target not to get hit AT ALL when I cast firestorm on top of it. At first I thought this was just d-sync, but after allot of testing I can confirm it is 100% possible not to hit your target at all with firestorm, when you have enough area talents. In the end I was just using a 4L detonate dead to do most of my damage after I had killed a few mobs with firestorm. So in conclusion builds shit, re-rolling detonate dead CI.

(edit)
Tried the added lightning prolif + static blows. Does Not shock anything.
Last edited by Savage90105 on May 15, 2013, 1:20:28 PM
Or you could change some passives and try Fireball since it's also an AoE skill.
To crit or not to crit ?
Just Rolling detonate dead CI Vaal pact. Fire ball does about the same damage as FP and does not freeze. Anyways the character I made is not a total loss. The build is basically exactly what you do for ROA. Just unspec the fire nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info