HC GS Marauder that actually works

Gonna show my lvl 84 HC mara that is working really well and flawless in midlevel maps 69-70s atm, havent done any higher yet cuz I'm trying to build up some considerable amount of 70s+ for obvious reasons. No Blood Magic keystone, no Life/Mana Leech gems!

First off what u gonna need for maps for this to work:

- Carnage Heart or alteast 5-6% of life leech on gear
- Multistrike
- Atleast 2% mana leech on gear, preferably 3-4%
- 5L, can work fine with a 4L too though!

Here are some key points:

- Up to to merciless this a very very standard BM build. All you need to do to get there is to roll good maces and cap your resistences. I don't wanna get into much details before merciless cuz its from there on that things actually get tough.
Let's say your build is gonna look something like that:

Now in merciless monsters start to hit really hard and you need to start looking for some better gear. Having IR at this point seems mandotory to me. The best way to get gear is farming Ledge, Fellshrine, City of Sarn, Docks etc. The biggest bs is the Vaal fight. If you can get past him, the road to mapping is pretty clear.

Some things you need before entering maps:
- Unwavering Stance - we don't have enourmous amounts of Life so we don't won't to get stunned cuz hitting monsters is how we gonna survive.
- Elemental Adaptation and capped resists.
- Armour - some ppl may say why armour, its useless etc. I used to be one of those ppl, but altough I'm using 6 enduring charges+2 Granite Flasks, I found out that having atleast a moderate amount of base armour really makes a difference.
- Very good mace - no Maroqi Erqi or some godly shit required though

So here's my currecnt GEAR
Spoiler

It's by no means anything so speical, I think you can all agree and has room for a lot of improvement.
If you're only with a 4L then get Added Fire off. THere's no benefit from it anyways, expect for some more damage.
The Bear Trap + Added Fire + Culling Strike + BM is pretty much a must as the mana it requires is quite high and cant be sustained. And bear trapping is pretty important for boss fights or some hard rare monsters, necros included :)
Enduring cry, Enfeeble, Decoy totem are not bad to be linked with BM gem either but it's not mandatory. I have so crap expierince with 4Ls requiring 50 fuses so I just didnt bother.

Auras I use:
Grace + Reduced Mana + BM
Determination + Reduced mana and Hatred/Purity + Reduced mana depending on situation
I have around 460 Mana. The combination of the auras leaves me with ~200-230 which is enough to let me use my skills freely with the 2% mana leech. It needs a bit of time to get used to, cuz u cant really spam freely. You need to hit monsters in order to do it, but once you get it, it runs fluid.

Some numbers - approximate, I'm lazy so won't go ingame and make screenshots :D
Life - 5K
Mana - 450
Elem Resists - 80/83 with Purity
Chaos Resist - -35% - strangely chaos dmg doesn't really shreds me, but for sure I'd like to atleast nullify it.
Armour - 11K when buffed with Grace and Determination.
GS dps - 5K with 4 attacks per second
HS dps - 7-8K
Bear trap - 7.5K

Those numbers are more than sufficient. I have ZERO problems with reflect, lighting thorns are not that bad either.
The most terrible map mod is 50% less regen - it shits on your mana leech and its totally annoying. No stun maps are also to be avoided if possible. Maps with extra dmg too, but hey are bad for everyone in general.

Current passive tree:

Next goal is getting Inner force. I helped Oak in all difficulties. It's pretty much a no brainer.

All the things I wrote may seem a lil chaotic and with much order and that may really be true, but if there is any interest in this thread, I'll for sure to edit it, add pics, videos etc, but I've had some bad experience with wasting time making guides that get no attention, so... I'd be happy to answer all kinds of questions if anybody cares to ask.

Melee doesn't suck... that much :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info