Scared to play....GGG please no nerf-fest!

Hello all,

This game looks really promising but it seems that all the online games that get released go through a nerf-fest. Can we have some assurances from the Dev's that this game will not follow that trend?

I would just really hate to have another game that I dump hours into frustrate me to the point of quitting because it got beat with the nerf bat. I have no problems with things done for the sake of fair game balance but I hate it when cry babies influence developers decisions.

That being said I would love to become a supporter as long as I don't regret my decision in the near future.

Thank you.
i dont think you are going to find crazy insane nerfs. The game is pretty good as it is right now. Maybe some tweaking on close combat but you shouldnt feel scared to play. They have had people play the whole game and not just a 10 min part. So the bugs are getting fixed.
Team kiwi
Last edited by hawkey3 on Jul 7, 2012, 12:49:47 PM
If anything the last couple of patches have made the game increasingly harder.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

I haven't heard any talk of "nerfs" what so ever. In fact, they've progressively tuned UP the difficulty.
But I think the QQ comes with the territory. PvP fans will no doubt have this to whine about and that to whine about. Pretty much why I pretend it doesn't exist. I resent the constant futile balancing, nerfing and buffing.

I just want my fun ARPG loot hunting, dungeon crawling and monster slaying.
Well it's the PVP QQ'n that makes me hesitate. Beta and Live are often different animals. I'll do the $10.00 access for a few weeks then I'll decide if I'll go Silver or better. I truly do not mind supporting a dedicated and honest development team. I'll give Love a second chance and hope I don't get lied to again.... ^_^
They already have been nerfing several things through the whole CB already. If your talking about Post-OB nerfing, I doubt many or any big ones will happen, as the Devs are trying to get it right during CB before they open up the game to the public.
Sweeping Maid
You may as well just stop playing video games TC
I cannot say for sure if they are going to constantly smack things down with the nerf-hammer, but from the looks of it, the devs are also making a point of strengthening certain things as well (two specific examples of things that devs have mentioned that they want to increase are the Shadow's surviveability and Ethereal Knives as an attack). If the devs are making a point of strengthening certain builds to make for balance, that is always a good direction. Rather than nerf things to the ground, I, and many other players, would much prefer that the weaker things be made stronger.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
No reason has yet been given to fear a nerf-fest. ;)
Last edited by King_Nikita on Jul 8, 2012, 6:34:13 AM
"
Relequin wrote:
I'll give Love a second chance and hope I don't get lied to again.... ^_^

Hahaha amen, brother. We can only hope.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info