Custom install directory?

Hi I'm sorry if this has been covered before.

I don't have enough space free on my C drive to install the beta. Is it possible to move the install location? Thank you.
My husband had the same problem as his C drive is also small and he loaded the game to his F drive. He has been playing it fine since the March open weekend. Hopefully installing to a different location works for you to. :)
Do you know if he had to install the game in C:\ first and then move it? I found some instructions on how to do that, but I will have to clear out some space first.
I believe he He installed it straight into the F drive. He is not home right now to ask sorry. Maybe if you pm Chris or one of the dev's they could help you?
Last edited by Gnomiebear on Jul 4, 2012, 8:48:27 PM
The Path of Exile installer (the .msi file you download from the site) allows you to select your install location.

If this doesn't work, you can install it to the C: drive, then copy/move the folder elsewhere. The game should then patch normally to wherever it is run from.

Note that simply installing does not patch the game data. The initial install is only a few megabytes; when you run the game it will then download several gigabytes of data.

Also, if you already have the data downloaded somewhere (or on another computer), you can copy the file "Content.ggpk" and put it into the install directory. This file is several gigabytes in size and contains most of the game data. Doing so will save you most of the patching download.

One final tip: if your computer blue screens while playing the game, there is a chance your game data file will be corrupted. I recommend making a backup of the Content.ggpk file after it successfully patches so that you don't have to re-download everything should it become corrupt.
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info