Chaos Acolyte [Poison Arrow, Viper Strike, Shock] [IR/EB/MoM/AA] Potential 1.2.0 Tree in Latest Post

Thanks for explaining. That wasnt mine and looks like I sold my +3 waaay too cheap :(

Too bad drillneck isnt available in Invasion. Adding pierce with that quiver would increase the dmg a ton. Would love to test that out.
"
haruz3k wrote:
Just started playing this build as witch on Invasion. Hopefully it will keep me alive :- D if you could please make a passive skills leveling order (or at least quickly write what to invest first) I'd be very grateful! Thank you!

Awesome! I'd love to hear how it goes for you. :)

I've updated the guide with the passive skill tree milestones from level 1 all the way to level 100. I thought I did it last night but it was simply saved as a draft. I've been following the route all the to level 81 so far and it's working great.

"
Thanks for explaining. That wasnt mine and looks like I sold my +3 waaay too cheap :(

Too bad drillneck isnt available in Invasion. Adding pierce with that quiver would increase the dmg a ton. Would love to test that out.

No problem man!

Bummer. =/ The prices rose very quickly after RaizQT's stream got more attention. I was about to buy a +3 unlinked for 1ex and all the sudden people started offering up to 5ex for it. I snagged the 5L as quickly as I could.

Drillneck would be insane, so I'm definitely jelly of Ambush players because of it. Rearguard is also awesome though-- it even has up to 20% increased projectile damage, which makes up for a good chunk.
same name in-game
I've posted my current equipment here and will update it frequently.
same name in-game
Just some random updates here and there.
same name in-game
Hello
First of all, thank you for this guide !
I was wondering if it was possible to run this build without trap, of course i would slightly change the passive skills and it may not be as efficient or safe, but since i'm in ambush and not in invasion, dying now and then isnt really a problem. But do you think i would lose a lot if i don't use trap?
Hey. No problem!

I was asked a similar question before and here was my response:

"
If you don't use Trap you'd be losing out on a lot of damage because there aren't many good ways to scale the poison cloud, especially when it comes to support gems. You'd also want to invest in a little bit of attack speed, or would need a decent base attack speed.

The trap nodes are also very close to the necessary nodes, and you can also double dip their increases when fighting bosses if you switch Remote Mine in for Concentrated Effect (4L/5L) or Increased Area of Effect (6L).

Basically there's just a lot more damage and efficiency possible by turning Poison Arrow into a trap. It also makes it much easier to shock enemies using Arc/Shock Nova Traps when you imvest into some trap nodes.
same name in-game
Ok ! thank you for your awnser.
I was going to take nodes like corruption and method to madness instead, but i think i'll stick to your build.

Edit: Oh, and also, i search the post and couldn't find the awnser: how does clever construction affect the trap ? does it mean when i drop it it can't be triggerd for 5 sec?
Last edited by Zartyno on May 2, 2014, 5:33:36 AM
Well this build does take all the chaos and damage over time nodes such as Corruption and Method to Madness, but also some trap nodes to help with their usability and damage.

Clever Construction makes so that when you set a trap, enemies cannot disarm the trap for 5 seconds. This is awesome become one of the main problems with traps is that enemies can disarm them with direct attacks or area of effect skills, but this node prevents that from happening with good timing and placement.
same name in-game
Cool !
Thanks for your help and your time!
Last edited by Zartyno on May 2, 2014, 12:36:09 PM
As someone who plays a Poison Arrow Ranger who shoots it with a bow - it does scale well enough to do very good damage without traps. It's moreso a different play style than more/less viable.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info