[The Newbie's guide to Loot]

"
0sync0 wrote:
I think this should be a sticky but I also don't like to see a huge number of stickies. I'd like to see a newbie sticky thread with links in the first post to good threads like this one.

Seconded!

GGG maybe add a forum section for FAQ & Guides ( = "Playerhelp"?)?
Then sticky this there (and some others like the Mechanics Thread or Item-related threads.
Build-related threads could be merged in a subsection together with the class forum sections?

Well what bafles me is we have a Trades section but no FAQ like this thread here (it's awesome, thanks OP!) which could help to prevent getting scammed in the Trades section, in the first place (or in game, but the Trades section is here)!

Also forgot to have the currency value/conversion thread in a possible FAQ section, stickied.
If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH
Last edited by Mune on Jul 6, 2012, 4:56:43 PM
This is probably a sign that we have too many stickies in this forum.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
Hi i thought maximum quality was capped at +40% or is it different on different items?
Good guide really informative
IGN: Zakariaz
This should be sticky'd or something. It is very useful information for those new to the game and even veterans.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Great guide.

One thing to add regarding whites with good socket / link combos is that it's with maxing them out to +20% before upgrading the colour as you can get a white to +20% with 4 Armourers / Blacksmiths rather than 20 once it's rare.

Something else I would find very useful is a What makes a good rare? That is what sorts of mods are the other classes (in their most common form) looking out for, or which combinations are generally valuable (e.g. high +ES with caster friendly mods and blue sockets).

Obviously cannot cover all possible builds but a few posts from experienced players could easily produce a useful list of obvious things to look out for, or at least the most common combinations.

I'll try to update this guide in some time. Yes, I agree GGG should open a forum section for guides and general gameplay strategies, so we could fit a couple extra stickies =)
Thank You! Very informative and helpful, I'm definitely bookmarking this.
Just stumbled on this guide. Thanks for writing it (and thanks in advance for updating it) as I was starting to wonder if my personal "hoarding" preferences/choices were optimal as I'm just starting to get into the late game with my first character.
Sorry for the necro guys!

I was wondering if there is interest for me to update this guide. I admit that at this point in the evolution of the community, I don't have a significant knowledge of the game anymore, specially in the endgame, as I'm not really an intensive player.

However I think most points still stand and with some amendments regarding maps and currency recipes, this could perhaps still be useful to newbies.

What do you think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info