Hello PoE, the REAL D2 sequel!

Like everyone else, I am now a D3 refugee. I have had about enough of that fake Diablo game and thank God there has been a lot of posts on their forums about this game. I decided to come check it out and yeah. Good bye D3! Finally the game I have been waiting for, and imagine that, it isn't from Blizzard who realistically should have easily made the game we all wanted. Thank God they didn't since these group of guys seem to know exactly what's up and what people REALLY want in a game. Props to you guys for already making an amazing game. Looking forward to how it looks completely finished, but very anxious to donate on Sunday!
Welcome!

You sound like me 4 days ago lol.
[Suggestion] How to end Desync: [url]http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/335390[/url]
What exactly is so remarkable in this game that makes it so much better than diablo 3? Honestly, I've been playing it for a month and while it's fun and different, I don't notice anything about it that puts it over the top. In my opinion I'm just glad the 2 games (soon to be 3) are actually different. I can play D3 without feeling like I'm playing PoE and vice versa. I just don't see the differences in PoE being groundbreaking at all. In fact, the game mechanics leave a lot to be desired and feel kinda cheap. The AI is facepalm most of the time, but hopefully it gets improved before release.
"
tobiasfunke wrote:
What exactly is so remarkable in this game that makes it so much better than diablo 3?

its not a game built around an auction house.
lvl cap is way higher
It has a ladder.
it has world pvp
it has massive pasive skill trees.
it has a cool new maps idea
white items actually do something
Gambling system is way superior
more then one build that can be used pre char

I can go on and on but all this and its only in closed beta. Unreal!
Team kiwi
Last edited by hawkey3 on Jun 29, 2012, 1:15:12 PM
"
tobiasfunke wrote:
What exactly is so remarkable in this game that makes it so much better than diablo 3? Honestly, I've been playing it for a month and while it's fun and different, I don't notice anything about it that puts it over the top. In my opinion I'm just glad the 2 games (soon to be 3) are actually different. I can play D3 without feeling like I'm playing PoE and vice versa. I just don't see the differences in PoE being groundbreaking at all. In fact, the game mechanics leave a lot to be desired and feel kinda cheap. The AI is facepalm most of the time, but hopefully it gets improved before release.

1. has a skill system

2. doesnt call you stupid by preallocating your stats

3. its in a very gritty and dark environment that sets the gothic mood of the place.

4. it has a better skill system (lol @ skill runes, worst thing invented since....i dont even know)

5. true customization of character. (not appearance, but rather the way the character plays

6. ties in to 1 and 2, but you make choices that matter, and affect your gameplay FOREVER. not like in d3 where you can just playtest every build ever with no downside.

7. the story is way better, and the most important character in the story didnt die to a really poorly made cinematic in act 1.

8. has a ladder

9. trade system is more fitting for an ARPG

10. has a level cap that cannot easily be reached.

11. has more options for character builds then jay wilson can imagine, if he had an imagination.

Last edited by vampirekid13 on Jun 29, 2012, 1:11:09 PM
"
wrehn wrote:
Welcome!

You sound like me 4 days ago lol.

I second that. hahah
"Adversity is the first path to truth." - Byron
Last edited by WrkngSNtndd on Jun 29, 2012, 1:18:50 PM
As we're trying to keep the number of D3 threads down to one on the first page of general discussion, I'm moving this one to off-topic. Continue as you were.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
Be real with your self man. Jump back into D3 and just look at it. Open your skills and loot at them. Look at the 6 whopping slots you have to use skills, most builds using two, three at most as actually damaging skills. I'm sorry if you are looking for a game that is geared around 10 year olds who have never played before. This game has EVERYTHING that D3 is missing, and the community shows that. Look how excited and helpful everyone here is, compared to how angry and bitter the D3 community is.
I came here from D3 too this game looks like from what i can see the game D3 should have been i sometimes go back to world of diablo craft but its just full of spammers bots and asses who all they care about is farming and selling there little piece of graphics on the RMAH for like £100 i swear dumb idiots actually fall for it and buy the rubish :S it is built around the AH and you cant play it past level 60 without buying stuff from it either with gold or cash blizzard sucks
"
Shibasaurus wrote:
Like everyone else, I am now a D3 refugee.

Careful there, refugee, I take offence at that comment :P
Not everyone hails from that forsaken place.

Edit:
forgot,
Oh, btw Welcome (over)board!!
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Last edited by THEHORNEDRAT on Jun 30, 2012, 1:31:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info