Defense

Hi im a Duelist who uses armour and shield

Im just wondering what prevents archers damage because i seem to take alot more damage from them than 5 melee fighters and at the moment Vaal construct seem to hit me really hard..

My gear isn't that bad so what do i need to improve in?
Vaal constructs deal both chaos and physical damage - armor will help against the physical part, but there's not much you can do against the chaos damage except staying cautious and getting more life (passives, gear, or both).
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
same experience here.
there is a dodging projectiles passive skill but so far I do not dodge enough and still get hit hard.
Main IGN: TopCat

IGN2: PrincessGuinevere
IGN3: Indiana_Jones
"
missmisiowa wrote:
same experience here.
there is a dodging projectiles passive skill but so far I do not dodge enough and still get hit hard.

I believe at the moment they're actually projectile spells, not attacks, so you can't evade them that way.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
"
Skivverus wrote:
"
missmisiowa wrote:
same experience here.

I believe at the moment they're actually projectile spells, not attacks, so you can't evade them that way.

with the increased mob density and mob dmg I would love to see the breakdown on the vaal constructs dmg flip flopped to 60% against armor/ES and 40% to health.
Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.
I have a 50 Templar in merciless.

What I do, is always start a fight with full energy shield, and throw up Molten Shell( with Tempest Shield as well of course).
I run in ready to blow up in their face, and get a few blows of Lightning Strike off.
I take a staggering amount of damage that eats my energy shield very fast. Run away, let ES recharge, rince repeat.
( This is an example of a high damage, or chaos damage mob/s pull. Reg damage so to speak is a lot less brutal)

This is with 38% block, 50% damage reduction and 900hp.

The later game you get, the more you have to kite and stick+ move. Chaos damage can be reaaaaaally bad.
Be careful, and have an escape plan.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jun 29, 2012, 5:24:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info