Iphone/Ipad Skill Tree App Live! Also on Android!

Thanks for the app -- I've noticed a bug on the iPhone version. In the lower left section of the map, you can't go around the Arsonist node from +10 str to +10 str, but this is a valid path in the game.
Great app. My feedback is

1) please make it so that the screen can rotate at least 90 degrees..
2) make it so you can save changes to a build as a build rather than always having to save a new one.
3) not sure if its on the cards but an auto fill/shortest path thing would be great
4) if you're working with GGG on this it would be great to have this open up a build that is listed in forums from the poe builder.

Thanks for putting it together, its been great to be able to play with builds when I'm at work ;-)
RipEleHit
Last edited by farqueue on May 29, 2013, 9:59:15 PM
Thanks for letting me know about the bug. I'll add it to the list of things to fix in the next update.

Screen rotation is something we are working on, iphone handles it differently than android and we didn't want to delay release while we found a way around it. It should adopt the orientation that you launch it from if that helps in the mean time (it will be fixed in the next patch).

The saving question is a good one. We have been trying very hard not to make any kind of attempt to give each user an identifier. So we don't have a sign in and we don't assign you any key when you start the app that identifies you from your phone. The downside of that is we can't keep track of whether or not you already had a version of the build you were working on or not. I go back and forth on which is the greater evil. Probably we will implement something to eliminate the duplication problem and keep as little info as possible (we would never do anything nefarious with it).

Shortest path will be in the next patch (its already working internally).

We aren't sanctioned in anyway by GGG, but we'd love to work with them if they are ever interested. We crossed 6,500 downloads on android this week and about 1,500 on iphone!

If you want to get people to download it, you could at least link it in the original post.
IGN: Grevania
"
mteriba wrote:
If you want to get people to download it, you could at least link it in the original post.

yep, would be much appreciated!
Doh!

Done Thanks for the feedback
"
MoleMan wrote:

The saving question is a good one. We have been trying very hard not to make any kind of attempt to give each user an identifier. So we don't have a sign in and we don't assign you any key when you start the app that identifies you from your phone. The downside of that is we can't keep track of whether or not you already had a version of the build you were working on or not. I go back and forth on which is the greater evil. Probably we will implement something to eliminate the duplication problem and keep as little info as possible (we would never do anything nefarious with it).

"
farqueue wrote:

2) make it so you can save changes to a build as a build rather than always having to save a new

I actually meant this more for private saves. As an interim would it at least be save over LOCAL versions at least and then load them to public

Thanks for responding to feedback
RipEleHit
Is this the same or different group of people from the most commonly used PC path of exile app?

Either way, is this iphone app generally liked or what?
bump for great justice!

Last edited by oreo1981 on Jun 7, 2013, 8:15:43 PM
Last bump for this app..

And a feature I would LOVE to get added.

Say you are starting at Marauder, and click on Resolute technique, you can't. You have to manually click on the nodes to get to the keystone.

Let the app determine the shortest route to the keystone/node, and map the shortest distance automatically for you.

Vice versa, if you mapped out but want to start over, you just click on the first node and your whole path gets cut out, rather than click on each node 1 by 1.

Or if you want to cut out a section quickly, you can do so by clicking on the node leading to the section and it gets cut.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info