Developers thoughts on botting

FIRST POST! Will be buying a beta key when i get home, but was wondering if her has been any info from the devs concerning botting and their stance on it.
Thank you, game looks awesome and can't wait!... To play it. That's all i'll say about my personal stance on botting.

Typed on phone, sorry for errors
I'd assume GGG are like most devs: Botting is bad. I'd assume they'd ban people who bot.

The issue of course, is detecting when someone is botting. When you're really clever, it's kind of hard to tell. Of course, most people aren't clever, but even the uncleverest of botters are difficult to spot, especially in a game where you can play in an instance all your own, without people watching you.

I would like to believe GGG has anti-bot procedures in place. They've been pretty smart about power leveling, so I imagine they have mechanics to prevent players from farming zones way below their level for Orbs/Gems and such.

Botting will be of minor note in hard core servers I think, where bots being dumb will just result in botters getting killed.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Your hardcore comment is so very true. Good point, sir.
Sweeping Maid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info