Flasks Are Interruptible

Attempting to drink a flask while in the early frames of block or stun animations causes the flask effect to fail serverside, though the gulp sound still plays clientside.

Id originally thought the failed flask issue was just lag or desync, but it almost never happened on my ranger (4k life, 5k armor, no shield) while it happens all the time on my shadow (chaos inoculation, no armor, 50% block), and only when im taking a hit or blocking.

I also hope this isnt the intended design, as having to spam buttons to make flasks work during combat is neither skill intensive (actually the opposite, as precise timing is impossible) nor fun.
IGN: KoTao
I believe I'm having the same issue.

I'm using panicked flasks in melee combat, so this point is really noticeable. If I really need a potion, there seems to be a huge chance that I just won't be able to drink it.

I'm using a one-handed weapon/shield, and have a block chance of 29%.

Unavailable
Last edited by Rixxane on Jun 23, 2012, 11:47:53 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Flasks not always working is something that has been reported a few times, but doesn't seem easy to reproduce. We're aware it can happen, but we're not sure what causes it, other than guessing it's related to latency (which would explain why it happens so rarely for us testing in our office).
I can assure you the chances of it having anything to do with stun/block are very very low, this is likely a coincidence that you're seeing it at that time -the stun block code doesn't interact with flask use at all, and I can confirm that flasks are usable while being stunned.
Aye, just tested myself while being shot by a swarm of Sand Spitters while they had a 100% chance to stun me, and my flask always went off. It'll be something else, probably connection related though! Very hard to test locally.
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
Aye, just tested myself while being shot by a swarm of Sand Spitters while they had a 100% chance to stun me, and my flask always went off. It'll be something else, probably connection related though! Very hard to test locally.

Try running it through a proxy to induce some lag
I noticed it happening when i wasnt being hit or targeted today as well. Likely reason its so much more noticable on my shadow is because constant flask use is my mana source, whereas the ranger had mana leech and only used life potions when heavily damaged, meaning i spammed them which tends to guarantee they work.

Both characters also use/used granite flasks and they occasionally fail too.

Glad to hear that the current behavior wasnt purposeful design, btw. That would have been terrible.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Jun 25, 2012, 6:48:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info