Why I don't play PoE as much as I should

I signed up for the beta a while ago and enjoyed Act 1 immensely. Sadly, Act 2 has not been as fulfilling. My biggest problems with Act 2 are:
1. Repetition: the same enemies with slightly different skins - I would love to see some different enemies!
2. Too many enemies - while this was initially quite fun, it got old pretty quickly, and the annoying 8-15 minute "refresh" of a level meant that I couldn't mess around in town.
3. Lack of challenge - did anyone else notice that once you got to Act 2, it seemed so much easier?

These issues will likely be ironed out by release but just thought I'd give my 2c.

Keep up the great work guys!

Cheers,

Rob
Dear Rob,

1. Repetition is unfortunately in every arpg today, I'm sure as the game expands and they make more money. More content including more monsters and new skins will arise. Right now it's in GGG's best interest to spend their money on actual storyline content.

2. I don't see any reason why you'd have a problem with too many enemies, that's what makes it fun hehe. But also, you can just click ctrl + right click on the new instance you're entering to refresh the instance. [So you don't have to waste 8-15 minutes waiting]

3. Game picks up in difficulty on the average in act 2, there are certain points during act 1 where I would agree on your above statement though. Or maybe you're problem is that you're just too good ^__^.
i go hard on my nintendo
Go play on hardcore. I bet you won't complain about easy gaming ;)
Or get to Ruthless or Merciless difficulty. See how easy Act 2 is then. Personally, I think Act 1 is stupid easy once you learn how to dodge Rhoas and kill necromancers right away. Still is fun, though, and the fact that it requires you to learn some skills in order to do it successfully and easily is itself a rewarding challenge to overcome.

I really like having insane amounts of mobs though. That's just fun! I don't know why you'd complain about that.

And like someone said... try hardcore. Go on, try it.
Last edited by teacherpeter on Jun 21, 2012, 8:16:45 AM
I just wanted to add that the "annoying" 8-15 min reset of instances is there for a reason. It is to reduce the burden put on the servers by open instances. So they didn't do it just to annoy you. :P
They said I was mad! They said it couldn't be done! But now who's mad?!?!
I'm pretty sure Act 1 isn't supposed to be difficult. Act 1 is supposed to introduce you to the game, while giving you a slight challenge towards the end of it.

Now, I'm sure many of you have differing opinions when it comes to Act 1 or Act 2 being easy or difficult. That's because everyone adds attributes, skills, and gear differently. One person may find Act 2 easier because he or she is better geared/etc. at that stage than a person who finds Act 2 difficult.
"A communion...but with what? By all accounts, it wasn't God that the Vaal were trying to reach." -Icius Perandus
Act2 isa lot more difficult than act1. I never die in act1, but often die in act2. Mainly due to archers/elemental mages/constructs.

I believe many people claim act2 to be easier, because they grind in act1. Or the Fellshrine.

If you follow normal levelling curve, and just kill merveil at level 14, then go for the gem, I feel it's pretty spot on difficulty wise.

Then it gets easier as you go for the spear, since you've already cleared four areas of that same mob level. But this has to be in place if they want people to have a choice of where to start the act.

But then that stage is basically over, as you open the Vaal ruins, (difficulty rises again there by the way), and just port to each bandit for the pyramid. But the pyramid rises the challenge yet again.

"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
I really enjoy the non-linear way Act 2 is set up. Sometimes I'll do the hardest quests first for giggles and then breeze through the easier ones using AoEs. To be able to keep that nice non-linear feel, they need to have some of the maps at a lower level then perhaps your character is at. Luckily in the harder difficulty levels, it's not a problem any more :P
I rotate my play among over a dozen different characters of varying levels; each build is different, so each playthrough is a different experience. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Guadagno wrote:
I just wanted to add that the "annoying" 8-15 min reset of instances is there for a reason. It is to reduce the burden put on the servers by open instances. So they didn't do it just to annoy you. :P

ROFLMAO - Actually that's not true at all. You can instantly renew any instance just by pressing "Ctrl" and clicking on the area you want to go to. This not only works at way-points it also works at door/gateways.
I'm BACK :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info