Lightning Strike mechanics and support gems

It seems that lightning strike is the best choice so far for AOE killing.

Do you think that the slowing curse is better for survive-ability then the reduce dmg curse ?

GG
I know the GM's are busy but can i get an official confirmation(because there is no way to test this and everything else is just speculation when you get down to it) that IRON GRIP improves the dmg of Lightning Strike's projectiles or if the dmg percentage from Strength is added by default since the skill is already a melee and projectile skill.

PS: Would really appreciate an answer so i where to go trough in the passive skill tree.Thank you in advance.
"
Ephinox wrote:
I know the GM's are busy but can i get an official confirmation(because there is no way to test this and everything else is just speculation when you get down to it) that IRON GRIP improves the dmg of Lightning Strike's projectiles or if the dmg percentage from Strength is added by default since the skill is already a melee and projectile skill.

PS: Would really appreciate an answer so i where to go trough in the passive skill tree.Thank you in advance.

The projectiles aren't melee, so they shouldn't benefit from generic meleee damage (but they do benefit from 'damage with <type> melee weapons'). By this logic, Iron Grip should give a boost. I wouldn't base your build around it either way, though, as there are far better ways to improve the damage on the skill.
Can soneone clarify that if the projectile from this skill receive bonuse from elemental damage that is from rings and weapon ? Like add 1-40 fire damage on weapon 1-20 cold damage on ring. Etc
I would like to know as well if bonus dmg from rings/weapons count for lightning strike projectiles?!
"
popohim wrote:
Can soneone clarify that if the projectile from this skill receive bonuse from elemental damage that is from rings and weapon ? Like add 1-40 fire damage on weapon 1-20 cold damage on ring. Etc

ya but they have a -30% damage to them

the projectiles recieve all the same bonuses the normal strike does besides the strength damage bonus - which isnt much unless you have over 300 str~ with iron grip support or passive

basically your lightning strike projectiles will always do less damage than the actually strike, but you can kinda spec out of this if you get increased projectile damage nodes or supports (not really worth it)
hey guys after experimenting again and again myself. i realized iron grip simply does not act on lightning strike s projectiles. Perhaps the game designed it this way for fairness. However I need another one of you to confirm with me through experiment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info