APPCRASH from 0.9.10e patch

System specs- windows 7 professional, i7 960, 12 gb ram, 2x asus 580 gtx sli, samsung HDD, gigabyte ud7 mobo

Patcher crashes at 100%, goes to windows error screen with appcrash for client exe reported. Anyone else with this problem? Trying a complete reinstall see if this fixes the problem. Will report on progress.
Bring me my bow of burning gold
Bring me my arrows of desire.....

If i am a troll who is no troll who then is the troll? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53626 }:)

'I rise from the ashes of my own defeat, only to be smitten down again...'
- Some poor soul.
no luck with reinstall, also tried turning off anti virus but still crashing when latest patch tries to install -
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Client.tmp
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4fdacb1e
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e211319
Exception Code: e0000001
Exception Offset: 0000b9bc
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 838d
Additional Information 2: 838dd21b798233ac629f0351519b20a1
Additional Information 3: 862e
Additional Information 4: 862e648af20fda5bc03d8ba9de6fe7f7

If i am a troll who is no troll who then is the troll? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53626 }:)

- Some poor soul.
After comparing files with a working, fully patched, install on another pc I see that the patcher is not patching my content.ggpk files, as evidenced by the reduced file size on my pc. Thus the client.tmp file is not compatible with the content.ggpk.
Anyone from ggg tech have any ideas about this? Have had no real trouble with this game until this latest patch.

- Some poor soul.
Just a thought, is it possible that there is an embedded permissions issue that is blocking the patcher from installing all the files to my content.ggpk. if so what can I do about this?
I do not have any connection problems during run of patcher, so......?
I will try overwriting the content file on my pc with the patched file from my laptop and then renaming the client.tmp. I will post if this works otherwise any helpful advice will be appreciated.

- Some poor soul.
Problem is now isolated to the 0.9.10e client exe. I can access the login screen with previous patch client exe but can go no further. Login shows message that protocol is out of date, please update files. when i try to update to most recent patch then i get crash as described above now with client exe being named the culprit. i have run a packcheck on the 0.9.10e ggpk file that i imported from the install on my laptop, which had no trouble patching and executing the file, and it returned no error....so.... have any of the GGG techs bothered to look at this post? Any ideas gentlemen? I have been a regular participant in the hardcore league since i created my account and wish to continue my exploits in wraeclast.

Should i have a shader file in my directory? It is not present with this latest install, at what point should it have been added?

- Some poor soul.
Last edited by Nemesis5858 on Jun 18, 2012, 6:02:05 AM
I'm having the same issue with the new update.

Seems like all the updates so far have broken the game in some way on my PC.

--------

I WAS having the same issue... I just now tried again and it mysteriously worked. (Had to rename the client.temp to client.exe and rename the old one to client2.exe, rename the old just in case the new one doesn't work).

Not sure how to help you if this doesn't work, sorry.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.
That's an odd problem! Reinstalling should have fixed any problems that you had.

The shader file will only appear when you've played the game for a bit, and found undiscovered shaders.

I'll pass this on to some others on the team, see if they have a way to get more information from the crash, to find out what is responsible.
Balance & Design
thanks for the replies, i managed to find a work-around for the moment. the work-around goes like this-
1. uninstalled previous install, and cleaned registry.
2. downloaded and installed client, but not run from desktop exe.
3. copy and pasted successfully updated content.ggpk file from another computer to install directory then run the exe to finish install.
4. when i start the game it attempts the latest update and fails creating the client.tmp file, i rename this to client.exe and rename the original client exe to whatever.
5. once this is done i create a new standard account on my pc, as i operate out of the admin account usually, and run the renamed client.temp exe which successfully updates the game and creates another client exe which i then use to start and play the game.
wtf? computers are some weird shit?!

just found this piece of advice in another thread that seemed to work for the dude-

"Please try deleting the CrashUpload.exe file in the installation directory and then run the game again, it's possible something strange has happened to the file permissions.

If you get the error again, please try downloading the file manually (by copying the URL into your web browser) and post a screenshot of the error, and the md5sum of the file you downloaded manually.

One way to get the md5sum is to download Hashtab and then right click the file and go to the "File Hashes" tab.

Sorry for the trouble, good luck.

Posted by Thomas
on April 26, 2012 1:09 PM
Grinding Gear Games"

will report back when i have verified that this works for me also.

- Some poor soul.
Deleting crashupload.exe worked for me!

Thanks for posting that because I couldn't get this most recent patch to work with the usual delete the exe and rename the temp to an exe file.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.
Deleting crashupload.exe didn't work for me, still operating on my work around.

- Some poor soul.
Last edited by Nemesis5858 on Jun 23, 2012, 7:32:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info