Mouse cursor teleports to the edge of the screen

Every so often, maybe once every 10 minutes or so, my mouse cursor will just randomly teleport from wherever I have it, to the edge of the screen or so. Very large distance, and it's instant.

I think it's the game, since I've never had it happen in Windows, but it could be a piece of lint on my mouse lens or maybe this new gaming pad I have, but I doubt it. Like I said, it's absolutely instant, and always goes to the edge of the screen. I've had lint on my lens before, or used a shitty mouse surface, and it doesn't act this way.
Anybody else? I saw somebody else was having mouse issues after a patch from like 3-4 weeks ago.
Last edited by PackersFTW on Apr 25, 2013, 11:54:49 PM
"
PackersFTW wrote:
Every so often, maybe once every 10 minutes or so, my mouse cursor will just randomly teleport from wherever I have it, to the edge of the screen or so. Very large distance, and it's instant.

I think it's the game, since I've never had it happen in Windows, but it could be a piece of lint on my mouse lens or maybe this new gaming pad I have, but I doubt it. Like I said, it's absolutely instant, and always goes to the edge of the screen. I've had lint on my lens before, or used a shitty mouse surface, and it doesn't act this way.

Hey there,

What mouse are you using and do you have the drivers installed for it?
I'd recommend either removing the drivers or installing them, just to see if this causes any sort of change at all.
Can't say that I've heard/seen this problem before.
Could be a few things, all of which are related to your mouse and not the game.
Well, I can't vouch for wireless mice, but heh, who uses crappy wireless mice nowadays?
Most likely one of the following:

1. Cheap mouse
2. Dirty mouse (clean it)
3. Not using a mousepad (needs flat/clean/non-reflective surface for laser based mice)

Also try above mentioned tips concerning drivers/updates and maybe try changing usb port.
Last edited by Shinrabeta on Apr 26, 2013, 2:47:22 PM
Are you using a laptop? You might be unknowingly using the touch pad on your laptop while playing PoE.
My touchpad is disabled, and I'm using a Razer Naga (Synapse 2.0 software) with a Rocketfish mouse pad. Like I said, I've never noticed this happen in Windows. Soon as I do, I'll know.
Update: It keeps happening, and again, not once in Windows. And it happens when I'm doing small calm movements too, in case maybe I'm doing something erratic while fighting; no, that's not it, it's just doing it on its own.
It MAY have happened in Windows just now. I wasn't paying attention that much, but it may have.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info