Remove XP loss if your game crashes?

Is there a way for this to happen? I understand making the game challenging and figuring out defense layouts. But even when you have a reasonable defense strat and only die and lose EXP from unexpected game crashes because you literally cannot move out of the fire is just demoralizing to keep grinding out levels.

To add to this I never experienced this many game crashes before Necropolis league. I am playing Poisonous concoction of bouncing and the game will just freeze, crash, and i have to close the program because it won't respond.
Last bumped on May 17, 2024, 3:50:22 AM
1. No, because it's impossible to determine why your connection to the server closed
2. No, because it would be exploitable
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
^^ this. People would exploit it making their client crash/pulling the plug/whatever.
People would abuse it. Be happy that you only lose a few meaningless exp and not your entire character or gear.
But it does sound like you're in mere need of a better PC if you crash and freeze all the time.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
You are right, I agree with you.
For the ones that say that it’s exploitable… really? When there’s an immediate way of logging out?
Are you telling me that the log out way is also an exploit? You’re not, right? Because if one would want to exploit a way to be out of the game it wouldn’t be with a game crash.

But, I agree, it’s not immediately recognisable that you crashed.

I would just remove it all together [Removed by Support]
Last edited by ShaunB_GGG on May 15, 2024, 5:02:15 AM
"
TIGRElaranja wrote:
For the ones that say that it’s exploitable… really? When there’s an immediate way of logging out?
Are you telling me that the log out way is also an exploit? You’re not, right? Because if one would want to exploit a way to be out of the game it wouldn’t be with a game crash.

But, I agree, it’s not immediately recognisable that you crashed.

I would just remove it all together [Removed by Support]

logout macro does not log you out on the server if your connection lags just right
SO it is intended mechanic to die if you're experiencing connection issues? Like... ehm... a metagaming?
I think the more important question is, "how does the game know that you crashed?"

Because if your game crashes, the executable isn't running anymore. That's kind of the idea? So even tracking this would require players to run some kind of additional process alongside the game client, ironically eating up system resources and increasing the number of crashes.

I get it, OP: crashes suck, they're annoying, and logging back in to see that you've been additionally penalized for crashing (losing exp or by the map instantly closing) is just salt in the wound. But the solution isn't to slap a band aid on the crash symptoms, it's to make the crashes stop in the first place.
"
I think the more important question is, "how does the game know that you crashed?"

The game doesn't need to know that. Slider which adjusts the server timeout or fallback API is more than enough to adress the problem. The only reason why it's not implemented - it's very complicated (lazy dev, not enough money, 1 out of 100 players care about it).
Last edited by cursorTarget on May 17, 2024, 3:50:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info