How do you think GGG along the community can benefit after Necropolis?

In the end it all comes to available data and pace of evolution. Like every league through the past Necropolis will "change" the game/company and will have a certain influence on the market going forward, now by how much and in what way that's up for debate.

The bar of expectation is another thing, like where GGG is today compared to many years ago. Covid came with its own pros and cons as well, while migrations are another thing. Over the last two years between single player games like Elden Ring, Cyberpunk and then Diablo 4, Path of Exile, Last Epoch, and finally some "failed" MMOs like New World that still sold well, I've witnessed migration on a large scale, which means a significant portion of the market is game hopping until a product/game arrives that will meet its demand.

Chris Wilson achievement with Path of Exile is quite admirable, because he wasn't distracted from what was already available between 2006-2012. Regardless of market conditions there's always opportunity for transactions. Chris Wilson was able to sell to us a product/service that others could not, it is as simple as that.

The latest one minute video of one of the most established PoE streamers "mocking" the state of Necropolis nearly a month since its launch, things will only get more interesting. With PoE2 being further delayed, a market in a migration mode, and chances are less likely for any upcoming streamer/GGG organized event to happen, are some indications why we may be surprised in a positive way of what to receive out of a "summer" league.

Now, what that may be? As a hardcore SSF player my first thoughts are anything related to improvements in terms of the ladder and events/competition, which means "Ruthless" and how GGG will improve/change/use it going forward.
Last bumped on May 4, 2024, 3:40:04 PM
Like all leagues: Learning from the good parts, refuse to understand why the bad was "bad".

To answer more on point: I think GGG realized a long time ago that racing, events and ladders are so niche that they're maybe not worth putting a lot of resources into, besides "they are there, you're welcome".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I wonder how many times it will take this time for them to realize people hate FORCED content. I guess it was enough years since last time for them to forget that?
They pissed people off this league.
Will they learn from it?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
GGG learning from mistakes? Impossible!

That should be a joke, actually, but sometimes one really must wonder how often they will repeat certain, uhmm... ill-received approaches.

For example this weird love for balancing stuff by using what appears to be the absolute worst UI they can come up with. They have really surpassed themselves in that regard this league. I think it's the worst UI they ever invented, worse than og Synthesis or og Bestiary, wich is an achievement of its own.

A few days ago i watched Steelmage, who said, that he was sad because "the community hates crafting leagues and GGG probably won't do those anymore".

I believe this is a false diagnose. Everybody loved Sentinel as far as i can remember. Why? Because for once it had a simple system and a nice, slim UI.

Imo the community doesn't "hate crafting leagues", but it hates terrible UI, especially when you can't even use it properly without PoEdb and CraftofExile open on a second monitor. Yes, that's right, imo these days you are "heavily incentivized" to use a second monitor in order to play PoE. That's a new evolutionary step in game design, wich not many other games i know have taken yet.

The T17 desaster and the forced content are other issues. As far as i'm concerned they get a pass for those, because T17 is something really completely new and we also didn't have forced content of this kind (i mean of this unavoidable, rampant kind) before.

But the UI theme has been a recurring problem with huge impact for years and years and years and it really bugs me.

For the love of God, GGG, please, stop it! Get an actual UX-designer on the team who does nothing but figure out proper UIs.

If the price for such luxury is less power, i'll gladly pay it. I don't need an item-editor, that makes my brain hurt, every time i look at it. A small bit of power like, e.g. the item enchantment crafts in Harvest, is plenty good enough for me, if the underlying mechanic is simple and the UI is slim and intuitive.

/end rant

dedadadadedoodoodoo is all i want to say to you
Last edited by tweedledee111 on May 4, 2024, 6:19:27 AM
I think GGG openly insulted everyone with this mandatory pickup tabs fill up... It's epic when you don't want a corpse but you are forced to grab it to get the idem hidding behind it... Or to have coffins using two slots, horizontally, just to ensure that it will not be possible to plan a full graveyard with a normal tab... etc..
/e Hardly plan for coffins special tab unfortunately: seems the league is not scoring great in retention.
Last edited by Universalis on May 4, 2024, 8:10:20 AM
They will learn that with launch of PoE2 they can let Mr. Wilson's vision fade away.
"
Glorfndel01 wrote:
They will learn that with launch of PoE2 they can let Mr. Wilson's vision fade away.

LMAO PoE 2 is way closer to "vision" than PoE will ever be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info