Any Lore Nerds? Question on Projections and Maven

Sirus mentions during his fight how the other elder slayers became "too reliant on their projections", which seem to be whatever idealized version of themselves they are attempting to become.

Where did these projections come from? Venarius seems to have no need for one, unless elder/shaper is the culmination of of a projection?

Also, Maven appears to have a projection as well. I could be wrong on this assumption, but the brainthing is her true form, while the female form is her projection? If this is the case, why does Maven need a projection while eater and exarch do not?
Last bumped on May 5, 2024, 10:21:35 AM
Projections are basically they're obsession of what they want to become in the Atlas creating there other form

Warlord: Wanted to be well Dictator who was obsessed with the LAW
Hunter: Obsessed with becoming well the perfect hunter.
Templar: Obsessed with religion
Ice girl: I actually have no clue

Sirus himself: Destruction because he was simping for Zana and well Zana pushed him the Void world = Causing his obsession to become twisted into betrayal and destruction in addition hes unable to feel.

Maven's projection is nothing more then well an illusion; The true form of Maven is LITERALLY that brain thing it's a ''hatching'' a baby she uses that illusion to communicate basically so you don't freak out.

Maven's siblings are basically The Cleansings / The Tangled whom are related to the Maven and are likely very much older then her while Maven is LITERALLY a baby.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
The true form of Maven is LITERALLY that brain thing it's a ''hatching'' a baby she uses that illusion to communicate basically so you don't freak out.

I'm not so sure of this, unless she somehow learned from observing the elder slayers that appearing as a giant brain and going "kill plz me watch" before she learned how to communicate further through us freaked people out, or the envoy suggested she project that form rather than reveal her true self.

I wonder if the Envoy has any lines that lean more towards one alternative over the other.
The Envoy does imply somewhat that they "Appear in forms most pleasing, to those who must listen".

However, there's not a particular reason to believe that the form we commonly see of the Maven is in some way illusery. There's no reason the woman form and the brain form are not both the Maven in truth, and that she's simply able to exist in several places at once.

Similarly the projects of the Champions are clearly not 'Illusions', but fragments. They hurt, they consume a portion of the originals strength (as implied by Sirius), and are likely semi-thinking, semi-independent entities in their own right, heck we don't even know if they know if they're the original or not (they all keep similar journals afterall that seem to imply they are an original holder of those memories). They're a simulacrum of a first order made of the stuff of memory and dream of the Atlas, perhaps even their past selves in some way, or a living memory of themselves.
theyre basically stands from jojo which was popular when that content was released. just energy made into a big beefy form

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info