Why divines are pummeling in price so hard in Standard?

I unterstand price manipulation like buying all Hinekora's locks.
But this graph looks like shorting Boing shares before the publication of the quarterly figures.
And suddenly the price shoots up again as if it were the new iPhone.

Is there any reasonable explanation?
Im bad at math.
Last edited by LoTharios on Apr 30, 2024, 11:25:14 AM
Last bumped on May 9, 2024, 5:17:19 AM
Its not divines. Its chaos orbs that are getting more and more expensive, because people mass delete them rolling T17 maps.

https://poe.ninja/economy/necropolis/currency/divine-orb

Here you can see better graph
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 30, 2024, 11:15:24 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention, mine was Standard.
Im bad at math.
"
LoTharios wrote:

Same as league, chaos are highly in demand lately as people are rolling t17's.
"
LoTharios wrote:

Works the same, as T17s are core game not league content. Since the start of Nekropolis (and addition of T17) divine orb is slowly going down
Sounds good, maybe those who don't play newest masochistic content will be able to actually buy stuff now :)
Plummeting?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
big boys are playing the league
d:-D*
Standard is just dead and the few players playing it just keep printing div during the league. Low amount of players and even more so low demand of div orbs.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
LoTharios wrote:
I unterstand price manipulation like buying all Hinekora's locks.
But this graph looks like shorting Boing shares before the publication of the quarterly figures.
And suddenly the price shoots up again as if it were the new iPhone.

Is there any reasonable explanation?

those crazy jumps are the end of the last league. the price was different in league when everyones tabs transferred all the stuff in public tabs was still priced at the league rates.

the slower sustained decline is because 2 leagues in a row have been churning out divines, they have lost their value compared to chaos in leagues and over time that will cause standard rates to fall.

its a good thing, the fact that divines shot up to nearly 300 chaos each was appalling, good that theyre coming down tho sad that its from stupid broken jackpot mechanics in leagues that are only really capitalised on by the elite players rather than overall drop rate adjustments in the base game. the price of many chase uniques hitting rock bottom which removes the feeling like theres something worth farming for when you put a map in the device is pretty tragic tho, so im far from impressed by the economic changes that have happened.

i feel like theyve broken their game, getting multiple gg chase uniques with a handful of currency you can farm up in a couple of hours might have an excitement to someone who hasnt played with those uniques before but to people who have already played with them extensively its just robbing the game of its loot rewards. the people enjoying it now will be in the same boat in 3-6 months when the novelty of having a chase unique is gone and they release that they are not chase uniques any more, eveything is just normalised.

mjolner used to be a chase unique, shavs, soultaker, who cares about finding those now? whos really hyped to be able to afford a void battery? when things are easy to get the day people stop caring about getting them isnt trailing far behind, and then you just got a loot game with no exciting loot which = a shit game.

the only exciting loot left is not going to be stuff that drops, it will come from people with the ability to grind up 50+ mirrors and spend it crafting perfect triple synth rares, the ability for a normal dude to run a map and find a cool item is going to be gone again and those are the very casuals who are hyped to get chase uniques for nothing right now, they dont understand that whats happening in the game right now is a massive transfer of economic power to the super rich and theyre being paid off with some ex chase uniques that are destined for tomorrows bargain bin.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info