I may come back after I get my PhD in gameology

The sheer complexity of this game for a casual player is off the charts. Trying to make a decent build to play content only to find out, its not really the end game content. Back in my day games used to be fun and you didn't need to spend hours just trying to learn the basics. Oh wait that's what streamers are for right? To tell how to play the game GGG made. That makes sense. Well keep catering to them and not the 99% of us who aren't dedicating their whole lives around your game and can't stay on 24/7 to attempt at being decent with your game. I should have stayed away after the "lets pay random streamers to hype our game up on league launch, but I kept coming back but after a month of playing each league, it was the same old garbage. Those who are enjoying the game, I wish you continued fun but its time to go the way of the gamer karen and disappear like annulling your ideal stats
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2024, 7:20:52 PM
"
Shwoogy wrote:
The sheer complexity of this game for a casual player is off the charts.
Oh come on, PoE isn't even that "complex". Bloated? Yes. Obscure at times? Absolutely. But that's the extend of it. Honestly making builds is so easy these days, just turn on PoB and experiment with your ideas until you find something that sticks. No streamer needed, no in-game currency wasted - you just sit down and let the tool do the heavy lifting.

In any case, see you next league!
You're not rly a casual player with multiple lvl94+, Achievements 112/127 etc

However i agree to previous post, it's not that complicated but i'd say the skill-balance is a complete mess so i can feel you (doing an endgame build free style often fails cause base skill just sucks, like penanance brand still being viable after a 75% nerf and other skills crap for like a decade lol)
I gave up on making my builds around Abyss league. Since then I have plenty of fun just yoinking someone else build and blasting maps with it.
You're not meant to make your own builds. The game is balanced around streamers who spend 100 hours per week on the game and always play meta. You're meant to strictly copy what they tell you to do.
You dont need to play meta, but other part is very close to true. People who make good builds spend more time in PoB than in actual game.
Worst thing you can do in Path of Exile is playing your way.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
If you casually want to enjoy the game, you can make tons of fun builds. If you want to do the hardest content, you need a good build, utilizing several offensive and defensive mechanics.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
If you casually want to enjoy the game, you can make tons of fun builds. If you want to do the hardest content, you need a good build, utilizing several offensive and defensive mechanics.

Yes, but first you gotta grind for those divines.
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
"
zakalwe55 wrote:

Yes, but first you gotta grind for those divines.

Sure, but if you're a stranger to grinding, I don't really think the hardest content/endgame of any game in this genre is a game for you.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info