[3.24] Physical BaMa Necromancer, zoomy mapper + Uber Shredder, ~150m DPS

Intro:

Hi everyone,

I want to show you my physical BaMa Necromancer which outperformed my expectations by excelling in various types of content including Sanctum, Simulacrum, T17 Maps as well as being an amazing Uber boss killer.

Basics:

The minions used here are either the Blink or Mirror Arrow of Bombarding Clones which summon temporary minions with a 20s base duration and a 3s cooldown. These minions use a monster version of Rain of Arrows which provides great clear and can also hit enemies multiple times. The larger the enemy and the smaller the AoE the more hits you get against single targets, averaging around 3-4 hits for bosses with Concentrated Effect Support.

For the most part I've been using Blink Arrow due to the exceptional mobility it provides. This includes leveling, bossing and most types of mapping. However for T17 maps I found Mirror Arrow to be much more convenient since I can project my clones ahead of myself without becoming endangered in the process. The same is true for content where you're faced with lots of proximity shields like Blight. Summoning clones directly into proximity shields is much more convenient than running into the bubbles and then use Blink Arrow.

The build has to be played as a Bow/Minion hybrid in terms of gear since the clones use your Bow and Quiver and as such requires a unique approach. The mods on the Bow and Quiver are mostly aimed at scaling damage directly which can be seen in the gear section.

Instead of block the build uses spell suppression and evasion as defensive layers in addition to a couple of other things in the medium and high budget versions. The evasion mostly comes from Grace which we use in combination with Purity of Elements to get immunity against elemental ailments that also extends to your minions.

In order to fit the defensive as well as some offensive auras you need a lot of reservation efficiency and a divine blessing setup for Pride. This requires Eldritch Battery and around ~750 ES or so to work. Since spamming Blink or Mirror Arrow is quite resource intensive this also solves your mana issues in one fell swoop.

Fresh Meat Support represents a large increase in damage but requires minion duration to be at least 42s and the cooldown to be reduced to ~1.35s. To increase minion duration you have to allocate Enduring Bond in addition to Mistress of Sacrifice. The easiest way to reduce the cd early on is with the Bow Mastery that scales Blink/Mirror Arrow cdr which you can access via Avatar of the Hunt. Later on this can be replaced with an Ashes of the Stars (2% CDR per % quality on the skill gem) and the eldritch implicit on the boots that scales cdr for travel skills.

Class/Ascendancy:

You want to play physical BaMa on the Necromancer so we can grab Commander of Darkness, Mindless Aggression, Mistress of Sacrifice and Bone Barrier for increased elemental resistances, minion damage, -survivability and -duration as well as Minions leeching life to the player.

Bandits & Pantheon:

Kill all bandits for the passive points.

You want to use Soul of Lunaris for defences and Soul of Ryslatha for flask charges and increased life flask recovery on low life.

Leveling:

The base skill gems can be accessed after the quest 'A Fixture of Fate' in act 3 but are not used because they are pretty mediocre. Instead you have to wait until you can access the transfigured versions Blink/Mirror Arrow of Bombarding Clones via lab or trade. Before that the build should be leveled as either Absolution or SRS.

Build showcase and in-depth video guide

https://youtu.be/xBtOJe_0dmM

This Video features a T17/Uber bossing showcase and the full build guide for 3 different levels of investment (5, 50, 400 divs)

Pros and cons

Pros:
+ Incredibly zoomy due to the mobility Blink Arrow provides
+ Powerful ranged minions, that can be made invulnerable via Blessed Rebirth
+ Excellent clear due to strong AoE dmg
+ Amazing bosser due to strong single target dmg
+ Up to ~3.5k/s life recovery due to (instant) leech
+ Excellent utility minion survivability if built properly (100k+ hp in the high budget)

Cons:
- Incredibly active build which requires spamming the main skill every ~1.4 seconds on top of keeping up Spirit Offering and Pride with Divine Blessing Support
- Finicky to build since you have to cap spell suppression and get enough energy shield to spam clones/use Pride with Divine Blessing Support
- The bow, The Adorned and Progenesis make the build rather expensive

Gear and Gems

Spectres and AG

You want to use two Demon Harpies for the increased physical damage taken debuff. In the medium and high budget you want to get a Pale Seraphim as a third spectre for the increased damage taken debuff.

The gear of the AG heavily depends on the budget and can be found in the gear section of the respective PoBs.

PoBs

Low Budget physical BaMa Necromancer: https://pobb.in/admzVe5NyQqR
Medium Budget physical BaMa Necromancer: https://pobb.in/Vhs1mdCwC0i1
High Budget physical BaMa Necromancer: https://pobb.in/jXha6TWB8w7t (ingame version)
High Budget physical BaMa Necromancer: https://pobb.in/d5C6JQ1bUfBi (MinMaxed)

Miscellaneous:

Crafting guides for some of the items and additional physical BaMa Necromancer content can be found in the description of the video guide. A skill guide for the campaign and atlas passive tree progression can be found in the Low Budget PoB.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Corak_de on Apr 27, 2024, 3:26:33 PM
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2024, 7:31:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info