I cannot believe the league mechanic isn't opt-in/out -- especially while leveling

Rhoas in Mud Flats with maim. Flicker-striking spiders with permanent haste shrine buffs making their flicker strike have nearly zero cooldown. Those fast little face hugger shitters hit with shock, chill, and bleed.

I'm on day four of leveling this character and I'm only level 56. Because leveling with this mechanic is so God-damned infuriating.

I really can't get over it. You've made the worst part of the game EVEN WORSE with a MANDATORY, fiddly league mechanic! WHY?! Why would you think players would want to micromanage a fiddly UI WHILE LEVELING?! And then force them to do it! It's mind-boggling. I'm just trying to get through this shit as fast as possible. Why? WHY?!

I want to play this league but everything about it is telling me to go play something else.
Last edited by GrumpyMcElbows on Apr 24, 2024, 7:17:45 PM
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2024, 5:23:00 AM
If you didn't wanna play the mechanic then opt into standard.

Looks good to me.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
If you didn't wanna play the mechanic then opt into standard.

Looks good to me.

"
I want to play this league

It's not binary.
Last edited by GrumpyMcElbows on Apr 24, 2024, 7:53:07 PM
You don't get it, you were actually given a whole lot of benefits :)

Now you can experience more meaningful interactions with the Path of Exile content as you make your way though the Story Acts! Paying more attention to new enhanced enemies and having to develop new strategies to overcome their challenges allows you to really feel the immersion, and find a use for all new items you find on the way! Just think how cool it is to have a real reason to constantly adjust your leveling build according to new modifiers those pesky enemies have, and feel rightfully satisfied after successfully clearing another area of the Story, yay :)

Even more, you can take a break from the Story at any time and engage with brand new Gravecrafting as often as you'd like, making your leveling experience truly memorable! Such synergetic content traction makes you wish your retention would never go down, isn't it?)
"
Why would you think players would want to micromanage a fiddly UI WHILE LEVELING?!
Well, because "while leveling" is just "while playing the game".

But it's strange there isn't an option to just not use the lantern for a zone, yes. Some guy who lives in a graveyard gives you this item and it's going to make all monsters you fight harder, forever? Surely a sane person would consider putting it down now and then.
You need to feel the weight of leveling.

Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
"
Echothesis wrote:

Now you can experience more meaningful interactions with the Path of Exile content as you make your way though the Story Acts! Paying more attention to new enhanced enemies and having to develop new strategies to overcome their challenges allows you to really feel the immersion, and find a use for all new items you find on the way! Just think how cool it is to have a real reason to constantly adjust your leveling build according to new modifiers those pesky enemies have, and feel rightfully satisfied after successfully clearing another area of the Story, yay :)

Even more, you can take a break from the Story at any time and engage with brand new Gravecrafting as often as you'd like, making your leveling experience truly memorable! Such synergetic content traction makes you wish your retention would never go down, isn't it?)

LOL. Who takes the time to read Necropolis modifiers applied to the zone? When the annoying Necropolis popup appears it's move the valuable "Yellow" currency drops to the top of the list and go as quickly as possible.
"
Galtrovan wrote:
LOL. Who takes the time to read Necropolis modifiers applied to the zone? When the annoying Necropolis popup appears it's move the valuable "Yellow" currency drops to the top of the list and go as quickly as possible.
*raises hand*

I mean not every time (before maps at least), but the zone will still be there ten seconds later, there's no need to rush.
"
Echothesis wrote:

Lol that would make sense if you can actually have the chance to read or identify a monsters mechanics before they delete you with multi proj and 200% phys as fire just to give an example

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info